@Schturman:

Are you using (leaked) PR1.3 on N950? It is working without problem? It is possible to downgrade from PR1.3 back to PR1.2 from OCF?

I flashed my n950 to PR1.3 (I guess it's leaked) 10 minuted ago. seems to work fine (till now...)
It is possible to flash from a recent version to an older one, it up to you to decide which version you want to flash to (unless you really messed up and bricked your device in a really bad way)
Anyway, you should be really careful about flashing.

BTW, does someone know how to connect the n950 (n9) to the internet via usb and my pc's internet connection (running linux an win7) without the sdk on the pc like n900 pc-connectivity?

Last edited by aStrike; 2012-11-07 at 01:01.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by pali View Post
@Schturman:

Are you using (leaked) PR1.3 on N950? It is working without problem? It is possible to downgrade from PR1.3 back to PR1.2 from OCF?
Yes leaked PR1.3, for now work very well, started to setup N950 like my N9... Like HW kb

P.S. I don't tried to downgrade, also for now I don't see a reason for doing it

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by aStrike View Post
BTW, does someone know how to connect the n950 (n9) to the internet via usb and my pc's internet connection (running linux an win7) without the sdk on the pc like n900 pc-connectivity?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81240

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
It is working without problem? It is possible to downgrade from PR1.3 back to PR1.2 from OCF?
Works great, just like N9 pr1.2 vs pr1.3. Downgrade is not possible unless you have R&D certificate in your device. (That means that if you don't work for Nokia, you won't be able to downgrade, just like in N9).
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
PR1,3 on the N950 works great, just don't try enabling multiple shots in the camera app - that will cause the camera app to crash when started.

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Works great, just like N9 pr1.2 vs pr1.3. Downgrade is not possible unless you have R&D certificate in your device. (That means that if you don't work for Nokia, you won't be able to downgrade, just like in N9).
Ok, so for n950's pr1.3 is same downgrade restriction. And it is possible to replace certificate in device? In older harmattan flasher I see option "--write-cert=" http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=181

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
PR1,3 on the N950 works great, just don't try enabling multiple shots in the camera app - that will cause the camera app to crash when started.
You can fix your camera app with this command:
Code:
/usr/bin/gconftool-2 --recursive-unset  /apps/camera-ui

The Following User Says Thank You to Andy1210 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Ok, so for n950's pr1.3 is same downgrade restriction. And it is possible to replace certificate in device? In older harmattan flasher I see option "--write-cert=" http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=181
Yes, but then how do you get the certificate to write? A certificate works for a specific device (IMEI), so once again unless you work(ed) in N9 project you don't have access to a certificate for your own device.

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
I did it as described by EIPI in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=83 and it worked without issues.

Now I just have to add the full backup menu and Nitroid again
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator