Poll: Did you conver anyone to Maemo?
Poll Options
Did you conver anyone to Maemo?

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
......taking it out of their ecosystem....
Again, the e-word. We are all doomed. There is no hope....

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
I converted myself to an iPhone for day use. It's great for emails and regular work related connectedness. N900 sits at home for after hour chat as pidgin and multitasking are great.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ fauldhouse
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
so... wait... are you making a lot of money out of that? does it get you hot chicks? is this a part of your long term plan somehow? Is this piece of knowledge applicable in other aspects of life? does it give you everlasting happiness?

Understanding a technical aspect of Linux, a piece of code... does it really make you that much smarter?

Wait... no... from what I gathered.. you seem to only know how to change userland settings or some configurable bits which were put there by the coder without a proper UI.

These are what's known as scr1pt k1dd1ez, way back when.

well i do get mony for it make a lot but not from her moding xbox 360 and jtag them and fixing them and yes i do get hot woman becos i can put it this way make a nuff that i dont need to work a jtag xbox wood cost u about £300 to by and it cost my like £30 to by 1 thats got rrod and £10 to fix it and then £40 to jtag it so that £80 so i make like £220 on ech xbox

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
I am plannin to flash my N900 to "Syinbin". Also I want a "Blackbaer" as i like being "tick pepol" (i presume it means ppl who type a lot, tick tick tick ) and android too as i am a "hack wantbees". Ummm.... Where do get them from?

This thread is friggin priceless... I CANT STOP LOLLIN...

Best Regards,

Last edited by fareed_xtreme; 2011-03-14 at 16:42.

Originally Posted by fareed_xtreme View Post
I am plannin to flash my N900 to "Syinbin". Also I want a "Blackbaer" as i like being "tick pepol" (i presume it means ppl who type a lot, tick tick tick ) and android too as i am a "hack wantbees". Ummm.... Where do get them from?

This thread is friggin priceless... I CANT STOP LOLLIN...

Best Regards,

you gonna say that, one day... so stop trolling

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by kenny324410 View Post
well i do get mony for it make a lot but not from her moding xbox 360 and jtag them and fixing them and yes i do get hot woman becos i can put it this way make a nuff that i dont need to work a jtag xbox wood cost u about £300 to by and it cost my like £30 to by 1 thats got rrod and £10 to fix it and then £40 to jtag it so that £80 so i make like £220 on ech xbox
Translating...
# 20%
## 40%
#### 60%
##### 80%
####### 100%

Well, i do get money for it. (I) make a lot, but not from modding xbox 360 and jtag them and fixing them. Yes i do get hot woman because i can put it (what?) this way (to?) make enough that i don't need to work a jtag. xbox would cost you about £300 to bUy and it cost mE like £30 to bUy 1 thats got rrod (RLOD?) and £10 to fix it and then £40 to jtag it so that's £80 so i make like £220 on eAch xbox.

Dont you guys get it?? He makes £220 per Xbox and gets all the girls! Damn, what are we doing with our N900's?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2011-03-14 at 17:53.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rocky333 View Post

you gonna say that, one day... so stop trolling
LOLLL... You have a point there.. ROFL

you don't get to choose maemo
maemo chooses you

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by govprog View Post
Talking about school. Actally your user name is looking like ... :P
shhhhh... don't blow my cover
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainmaster View Post
you don't get to choose maemo
maemo chooses you
You are absolutely right. But then when you read this thread, you are confused if it is a good thing or a bad thing .

Well, I am happy with the current maemo experience considering the fact that I am from a technical background. However in this thread, I have felt like we are arguing over which is the best OS / Phone etc. However, we fail to realize the target market of these platforms. Apple I Phone 4 Vs Nokia N900 is going to be a long and unending war with both sides holding their strong cards and flashin each other. If you are a buiness user (calls, emails, social networking, etc) and a person who truly hates the thought of a downtime, IOS devices are your ideal choice. If you are a games lover, IMO Android and IOS are the first choice for most gaming companies and so, you must be there too. Now comes the thing. If you are the kinda guy who loves scripting, experimenting, bricking and reviving etc etc, also termed the geek or the nerd, preferably the technically aware (geek and nerd can be offensive to a few but i mean no offence ) then N900 was intended for you.

So the target markets are quite different and comparing them actually wont go anywhere. NO platform is perfect as they cannot be perfect as everyone has different expectations and we cannot judge as to what the final outcome should be. Well I have converted around 3 people to get the N900. These were the high end users. All are LCP and OCP certified. One of them being my immediate manager. They are literally in love with this device (1 year up and still loving). One of them even gave up his IPhone 4 to get his N900 after seeing the potential in it. (N900 was provided by the company to him and as he has resigned, he has to return as a general corporate policy. So he sold his iphone for the N900 all over. Many will call him crazy but we geeks know why so shhh )

At the same time I cant recommend my CEO the N900. I don't wanna get fired or be sittin next to him the whole day teaching him somethin that he'd forget the next day. Obviously, I'd recommend an iPhone, and I did and he is enjoying the candle app, metal detector app, and god knows what... he seems to enjoy it... (Bonus Guaranteed this year ).

Well this is utterly my Opinion as this topic actually won't go anywhere .

Best Regards,

Last edited by fareed_xtreme; 2011-03-14 at 20:28.

Tags
bada rox, convert, games, syinbin, tick pepol, twig the tool