Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
S^3 version as 105 levels with it for £3
Android 150 levels for free
Iphone version all levels for 59p
webOS $1.99
Maemo version will be 4x packs £1.50 each.

Nokia users getting a bum deal

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
Great news Miika I saw that N8 version is out but still no level packs, so you guys are busy with that? also I'm so glad that you will not work with Chillingo EA is just a big monster who doesnt care about developers
Yeah, N8 is one of the platforms which needs to be updated. We actually got the first working fully updated Symbian^3 and N900 builds ready today. Now they just need to be polished, QA'd and get out to you guys.

As for Chillingo getting bought by EA, well, it doesn't really change anything for us. From the beginning Chillingo was our iOS publisher, and only for the one title. All other platforms and products are published by us.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Do you know what is the reason for this?
A bit late, but paid for applications can't be added to repositories because we'd be able to install them without paying. If you try to install an Ovi Store app with apt-get, it "fails silently". If you apt-get install aptitude, then aptitude install appgoeshere, it'll install. That means we could hypothetically:

Code:
sudo gainroot
aptitude install angrybird-level-pack-2
Now, that's not actually what the package is called, I'm sure, but that's the gist of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattbutsko For This Useful Post:
Miika: as per my other post - will we ever get to see the Halloween edition appearing on our N900's? Very jealous..

BTW.. when is the soft toys for the birds becoming available? I want one for christmas.. haha

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by Miika View Post
Yeah, N8 is one of the platforms which needs to be updated. We actually got the first working fully updated Symbian^3 and N900 builds ready today. Now they just need to be polished, QA'd and get out to you guys.

As for Chillingo getting bought by EA, well, it doesn't really change anything for us. From the beginning Chillingo was our iOS publisher, and only for the one title. All other platforms and products are published by us.
Hi Miika,
I can't believe how cool Rovio is as a developer for Maemo 5. Not only are you producing quality software, but you also keep us up to date with straightforward answers. Eternally grateful and looking forward to the next level pack.

Regards,

travla

Originally Posted by bchliu View Post
Miika: as per my other post - will we ever get to see the Halloween edition appearing on our N900's? Very jealous..

BTW.. when is the soft toys for the birds becoming available? I want one for christmas.. haha
The halloween is a seasonal exclusive only for iOS devices, sorry. I feel your jealousy, I'm using N900 as my personal device as well so I can't have it either.

If I remember correctly the plush toys should become available by the holiday season. There have been quite a lot of toy-throwing in our office lately, funny how these things can appeal to grown men/women this much.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Hello Miika,

Can your company somehow tell Nokia to stop being so damn slow with Ovi Store and their stupid QA?

We would love to see frequent updates like the iOS..

Anyways, great job on everything you guys are doing! I can't wait for lvl pack 4 although I have played it on my brother's iPad.. lol.. And can't wait to pay the halloween version on there too!!!

Originally Posted by Miika View Post
The halloween is a seasonal exclusive only for iOS devices, sorry. I feel your jealousy, I'm using N900 as my personal device as well so I can't have it either.

If I remember correctly the plush toys should become available by the holiday season. There have been quite a lot of toy-throwing in our office lately, funny how these things can appeal to grown men/women this much.
What a sad news...
No chance to have it on N900...

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
S^3 version as 105 levels with it for £3
Android 150 levels for free
Iphone version all levels for 59p
webOS $1.99
Maemo version will be 4x packs £1.50 each.

Nokia users getting a bum deal
Things could be MUCH worse... like example no games at all from Rovio. I mean Maemo 5 isn't exactly the platform to develope and full of users...
And hey we got Rovio game that nobody else got in any other platform, Bounce Evolution.

Nokia can thank their luck that the hottest mobile game developer is making games for them too and i so hope this will continue in future with Symbian and MeeGo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Miika uses N900 this means we will always have support

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Closed Thread