Notices

@Sakya,

I know i keep on asking you for more and more features (both thru personal emails and threads), and you patiently reply to them.
So here goes my new request.

Can we have a random background wallpaper.
So instead of providing a single wallpaper for background image, we will end up giving a directory of images (ideally one directory for potrait and landscape). The system will randomly pick a wallpaper. Can be time based which i think is ideal rather than having to update a new paper everytime.

I searched internet and came across
http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/M...ith_Qt_and_QML

Can we pull out RandomIcon() and use it in our code.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Hi sakya, sorry for bothering but I believe I have some things to ask, if possible:

1)On my Phone, the only way to have a waiting time that is not above 5s (counting with the 2s breakout of the power button) is if I put qtlockscreen with the highest possible priority (-20). Usually I'm holding my phone in a way and I click it and it does this:
1-Wait the 2s for the power button (with the clock of the last time shown)
2-Wait 3~5s to rotate, always with a truncated half portrait (while going landscape) or tilled landscape (while going portrait). If I give it maximum priority it goes down to 1~3s.
Total wait time: 3~5s(with nice -20) or 5~7s(nice 0) every time I want to see the time (this when it isn't showing the old/default background somewhat/somehow - I don't know why but to force qtlockscreen to overwrite I have to unlock and lock again).

2)While it is doing all that I showed above, it keeps showing the/an old/incorrect time, and I waiting to see the correct time.

So:
1]Is there a way to make it start always with nice -20 (as an option/workaround)?

2]Isn't there a way to make it somehow update while on background, doesn't need to be always, maybe once every minute, just to show the correct minute (at least) anticipating the 2s(minimum) slowdown of the power button?

-------------

Also on the same note, it almost never detects that I'm on gprs connection. Rarely it detects, but somewhat after it stops detecting. Usually it happens with the wifi connection too, but less frequently. I don't know why is that, but the trick of doing it manually works just for some time, it forgets afterwards.

If needed I'll may try to make a video and/or step by step of how to reproduce the problems.

Thank you.

Last edited by Temporal; 2011-09-18 at 03:38.

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Malaysia
Sakya, is it possible to make the background image to auto scale just like the desktop background ?

It'll be a great feature and less hassle when changing background.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
I believe I have two other feature requests (sorry):

Most of my audio files don't use/have id3tags, rendering the music label thing useless. Would it be possible to make another label (or make an option inside the music label) to show the file's name instead?

Another request is that I use to listen to podcasts, and they usually are around 60 minutes. Sometimes I want to skip some part that is getting a bit boring or I don't want to listen because I already know or whatever. Would it be possible to make another widget that is a seek bar (so it would be easy to skip some minutes of an audio file with easy without having to unlock the phone)?

Please, please, please, I'm sorry for being so demanding, and not contributing for the coding myself |:/

Thank you.

Sakya,

What does the gprs and wifi widget exactly?
sometimes it is on my lockscreen but most of the time it isn't there...
I'm allways connected with 3g or wifi..
is it possible to refrash the lockscreen every second?
( make it dynamic in stead of static)

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom, Huddersfield
I believe that qtlockscreen app crashes a lot, I just noticed my original lockscreen showed up, then all of a sudden it changed into the qt one + my gprs icon was gone, if i disconnect gprs and reconnect it shows up on the qtlockscreen.

So qtlockscreen does not check for internet connections upon execution, only sees them if you disconnect + reconnect

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by AliasXZ View Post
I believe that qtlockscreen app crashes a lot,
I personally never had a single crash.

I just noticed my original lockscreen showed up
It's possible, if you lock the phone and suddenly press the power button you may see the original lockscreen because qtlockscreen takes some time to initialize (one second?).

So qtlockscreen does not check for internet connections upon execution, only sees them if you disconnect + reconnect
Yes, I made it this way to avoid linking also to qnetwork to just check for connection (this probably would use some more ram).
Since anyone here is complaining about this I'll add a check to network connection .

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom, Huddersfield
Originally Posted by sakya View Post
I personally never had a single crash.
I dont know how else to explain why my gprs icon is there, then it disappears, it must be qtlockscreen restarting after a crash...

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by AliasXZ View Post
I dont know how else to explain why my gprs icon is there, then it disappears, it must be qtlockscreen restarting after a crash?
I don't know, the lockscreen just listen to dbus message for network state change.

You can check if it crashed by looking at the pid, if the pid changes the lockscreen crashed and respawned.

Code:
ps | grep qtlockscreen

Thanks for that, will keep an eye on it

Very impressed with qtlockscreen, well done