Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jul 2011
#421
Views on the latest update,

-overall lame update, on my use not much notable new/cool changes.
-android-side is more unstable
-battery seems to run out faster
-my 3 outlook/hotmail accounts arent anymore "always up to date"

plusses... the loading animation
__________________
N900->Galaxy S->N9->Jolla/Lumia625
 
Dave999's Avatar
Posts: 6,872 | Thanked: 8,435 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
#422
Originally Posted by andreas1 View Post
Views on the latest update,

-overall lame update, on my use not much notable new/cool changes.
-android-side is more unstable
-battery seems to run out faster
-my 3 outlook/hotmail accounts arent anymore "always up to date"

plusses... the loading animation
yeah, but what a plus then... It's a game changer.
__________________
Do something for the climate today! Anything!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...I'm also supporting Apple 2016 or until Jolla fully refund or ship the jPad to all backers and supports!

"waited over a year for no tablet and then the same again for potential refund? inspires confidence!"
 
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 1,898 times | Joined on Feb 2010
#423
Strange, my device seems to get much better battery life with update 10 and there has been no issues with Android stuff either. Overall everything works very smoothly, but memory intensive apps kill other running apps mercilessly. Which is sometimes annoying... but still, it's very smooth.
 

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Dec 2011
#424
The loading animation is a usability improvement I like a lot.
Running several android apps seems a lot more stable also.
Altogether a better experience in my opinion. A lot more to do, but I really like that Sailfish is improving gradually in a pretty fast pace.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to latency For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jun 2014
#425
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Strange, my device seems to get much better battery life with update 10 and there has been no issues with Android stuff either. Overall everything works very smoothly, but memory intensive apps kill other running apps mercilessly. Which is sometimes annoying... but still, it's very smooth.
Same here. Great update!
 

The Following User Says Thank You to asa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,326 | Thanked: 1,523 times | Joined on Mar 2010
#426
This might not be the right place but can't find a relevant thread....

What is the deal with adblock on the stock browser? about:addons tries to load the fullscreen desktop page, is this new?
 
Posts: 188 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on May 2010
#427
ummm.. not sure if this happened to anyone else...

after updating, my phone screen wont turn on

actually, when I turn the phone on, the JOLLA logo pops up.. but when its meant to go to my home screen, you can see the screen turn off.... and then I cant do anything with it...

its weird coz if you call my phone, it will ring.. but I cant answer or anything coz the screen doesn't work

now my jolla is unusable...
help?

having to revert to an old phone for the time being

not happy
 
coderus's Avatar
Posts: 6,161 | Thanked: 11,676 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Open Mobile Platform, Innopolis, Russia
#428
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
catbus's Avatar
Posts: 538 | Thanked: 859 times | Joined on Jun 2011
#429
Really Great update... Call recording working like charm... over btooth too! (better than in N9!!! - Thank You "dpurgin"! [ofcourse others too who helped and so on...])

Personal ring-tones is maybe only thing i miss from N9... (oops, forgot amoled and Pinball Fantasies and TimeSheet and ...)


Btw??? -Is it so hard to implement those different ring-tones ? Only asking... (personally, i don't understand this ambient-thing... well, it is kind of old Nokias profile... but, without user personal opinion to choose melody for caller, or even friend... maybe unlike...)

--
(sorry again loysy english... and 2+4+n beers)
__________________
N9 - My Precious
 
Posts: 751 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
#430
Originally Posted by toki View Post
ummm.. not sure if this happened to anyone else...

after updating, my phone screen wont turn on

actually, when I turn the phone on, the JOLLA logo pops up.. but when its meant to go to my home screen, you can see the screen turn off.... and then I cant do anything with it...

its weird coz if you call my phone, it will ring.. but I cant answer or anything coz the screen doesn't work

now my jolla is unusable...
help?

having to revert to an old phone for the time being

not happy
Before going to the recovery mode, did you by any chance have SSH enabled (and preferably wi-fi as well)?
If you did, you can try to SSH into the phone and complete the update from there - the exact same thing happened to me when going from u8 to u9 and now from u9 to u10.
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:41.