Notices

Posts: 1,466 | Thanked: 6,959 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
@MartinK, it builds static and shared versions of the library. I would suggest to add
Code:
--disable-static
to configure options and try again. Since static lib is built after the shared one, it may got confused and linked tests to the static libs.

Does it build on your PC?
So looks like the tests have been somehow at fault, as they are compiled against libpostal in some ultra weird manner. So for now I've hard-disabled them (dropped their compilation from the makefile) and the build finally runs to the end. This should be good for now, later one for the actual package review something more robust (possibly including reporting the issue upstream) might be needed. I'll open a PR for the libpostal packaging soon, just have to cleanup my changes a bit.

Anyway, as far as I can tell this concludes the missing dependencies & I can finally start packaging OSM Scout Server itself.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 480 | Thanked: 2,285 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
So looks like the tests have been somehow at fault, as they are compiled against libpostal in some ultra weird manner. So for now I've hard-disabled them (dropped their compilation from the makefile) and the build finally runs to the end. This should be good for now, later one for the actual package review something more robust (possibly including reporting the issue upstream) might be needed. I'll open a PR for the libpostal packaging soon, just have to cleanup my changes a bit.

Anyway, as far as I can tell this concludes the missing dependencies & I can finally start packaging OSM Scout Server itself.
Sounds great! Please note that I haven't tested any 'make install' on desktop Linux. The path for directories is coded in pro-file and I was waiting till you get here and help me to fix it. So, if you know what's the common way to specify paths then please do so and send PRs

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 480 | Thanked: 2,285 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
New release is out: 1.7.1. With the 1.7.0, followed by 1.7.1, I focused on geocoder enhancements.

New geocoder supports aliases when you search for data using guide search (Nearby). Aliases, as suggested by @palbr (thank you!), are pulled from https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/...pecial_Phrases with the used ones listed at https://rinigus.github.io/osmscout-server/tags/ . The list is also available as an API call, via poi_types URL, allowing us later to extend WhoGo Maps and modRana to automatically provide it to the users (if the client developers will approve it). Tag aliases are also used when returning the search results to identify objects in a localized manner.

Geocoder now imports and allows you to search for POIs without names (playground, ATM, toilets, ...), Again, suggested by @palbr. This is done for guide (nearby) search. When using guide search, its also possible to separate search by name or type when looking for POI (at least one has to be specified). Released WhoGo Maps already supports it, modRana is under development. Corresponding map update has been released and available if you check for updates in map manager. Note that only geocoder-nlp maps were updated this time.

As reported by @legacychimera247, some villages were missing in the search. This is fixed now, but it looks like I have inserted these missing villages into a bit high level in the hierarchy. This will be fixed in near future.

Many more types are now imported and supported by geocoder. Let me know if something important is missing.

The latest version of translations has been also pulled into the package. Thank you to all the translators doing great job!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Hello,
I am deeply in love to osm!
But yhis darling does not allow to use sdcard .
I created a directory to sdxard ( devel-su) gave rights and osm stopped nagging "no rights" but then there is open database error.

( there is / nemo/ Maps.OSM) I also tried to copy that but again even after givin rights to/ run/nemo I have a problem , not able to create...)

running sailfish X

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to feedme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,303 | Thanked: 6,140 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I do not think it has something to do with X or Jolla C (which I am using).
Why using devel-su (root) at all?
Just create any directory as normal user (nemo) and assign this directory within settings of OSM. Done.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
offline maps, sailfish os