Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
danramos's Avatar
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,453 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
#51
Soooooo... how's it going with that tablet?
__________________
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR
 
Kangal's Avatar
Posts: 1,789 | Thanked: 1,696 times | Joined on Mar 2010
#52
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Well, me and a friend ended up ordering one Ainol Aurora 1 each. Purchased it from Spemall, so we'll see how that goes. If their S&H times are correctly stated(we picked their quickest shipping option), we should have them by the end of the next week. But, I'm guessing we'll get them the week after that.

UPDATE:
Well, guess I expected too much. My friend signed for the package, and shortly thereafter noticed they only shipped 1 tablet - after waiting almost 2 weeks despite paying for the most expensive shipping option available. On the upside, at least DHL is very quick - 3 days from Hong Kong to Sweden.

The package might be stuck in customs though, in case they shipped the tablets in two separate packages. The tablet he received cleared customs merely 6:30 hours ago so in worst case the other package(which we then wouldn't have the tracking number for) might still be stuck. Also, we got to pay VAT for at least one of them, about $43. That's to be expected, I guess.
So you only received one tablet, and you paid for two?
And you got slow shipping, but you paid for the fastest?
That sucks, that's how they make their money.
I guess in a way, that's not different to the iPad, only more honest way of ripping you off hehe.

So yeah, how was the craplet?
And have they fixed your problem, or are they just avoiding you?
Would you deal with them again?
__________________
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I vote that Kangal replace Elop!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post

I'm flattered
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 452 | Thanked: 760 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
#53
Hi all,

I have waited long time and finally decided to buy one of these Chinese toy ...

Here is the precious : Sanei N10 specifications.

I have ordered it from : www.tablets-world.com.

I'm currently waiting for it ...

A++
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post:
ToJa92's Avatar
Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
#54
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
So you only received one tablet, and you paid for two?
And you got slow shipping, but you paid for the fastest?
That sucks, that's how they make their money.
I guess in a way, that's not different to the iPad, only more honest way of ripping you off hehe.

So yeah, how was the craplet?
And have they fixed your problem, or are they just avoiding you?
Would you deal with them again?
Yeah, they actually fixed it pretty quick. As I suspected, they shipped it after we told them we only received one. The actual shipping were fast though, they used DHL Express which took about 4 days from Hong Kong to Sweden.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Soooooo... how's it going with that tablet?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1207322

Last edited by ToJa92; 2012-05-16 at 11:04.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
Kangal's Avatar
Posts: 1,789 | Thanked: 1,696 times | Joined on Mar 2010
#55
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Yeah, they actually fixed it pretty quick. As I suspected, they shipped it after we told them we only received one. The actual shipping were fast though, they used DHL Express which took about 4 days from Hong Kong to Sweden.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1207322
Glad it worked out for you.
Do you know that those games you said actually do work, try applying this MOD its for the SII but should be compatible since they both have Mali-400. If it doesn't work, it means the file system layout is most likely different, so a quick re-adjustment or build.prop might be needed. Also don't forget about the third-party AppStores.

By the way, how much did the tablet cost you?
(I'm not aware of any specials on it at the moment)
__________________
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I vote that Kangal replace Elop!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post

I'm flattered
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
ToJa92's Avatar
Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
#56
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Glad it worked out for you.
Do you know that those games you said actually do work, try applying this MOD its for the SII but should be compatible since they both have Mali-400. If it doesn't work, it means the file system layout is most likely different, so a quick re-adjustment or build.prop might be needed. Also don't forget about the third-party AppStores.

By the way, how much did the tablet cost you?
(I'm not aware of any specials on it at the moment)
Yeah, I guess the Chainfire route is the easiest one. I tried a Motorola Xoom build.prop but Play didn't recognize me as a new device so it still told me that stuff were incompatible.

Total was about $210, tablet was $165, and express shipping ~$22 which split in two is about $10. Customs about $35. However, with the dollar pretty low vs the Swedish Krona, it didn't "feel" that expensive. In retrospect, I would probably look for a used Samsung tab though, they're going for about $300 used and is probably a better deal overall.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
#57
Hey, ToJa92 and Kangal: You two seemed to know a lot and are interested in android. I would like to ask, have you come across anything that teach newbies to cook custom ROM? Or you two kind enough, to sit down, and write down a few lines to take me through? TIA. My fun with android OS is handicapped by having to look for custom ROMs. The custom ROM situation is like somebody squeezing my balls. I would like to spend some time to learn like the way I learned myself with the maemo. I got a few chinese craplets and they are all allwinner. I hope by doing one custom ROM, I maybe able to have more fun with the rest of the other craplets.

TIA,

bun
 
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
#58
Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Hi all,

I have waited long time and finally decided to buy one of these Chinese toy ...

Here is the precious : Sanei N10 specifications.

I have ordered it from : www.tablets-world.com.

I'm currently waiting for it ...

A++
Wow, dont care about craplet, only the girl on the advertisement is attractive enough, , thanks for the link.

BTW, have you dealt with this vendor before? Do you recommend this vendor? The spec of your purchase is really good. Cant wait to see your review. Cant help but notice the tablet you order is branded 'new'. Sometimes, not all the time, the vendor took your money/order but is actually waiting for the product, and made you mad with all the waiting. I hope you do not get into that situations.

The more I read the spec, the more I like it. Good pick.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2012-05-17 at 00:55.
 
danramos's Avatar
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,453 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
#59
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Hey, ToJa92 and Kangal: You two seemed to know a lot and are interested in android. I would like to ask, have you come across anything that teach newbies to cook custom ROM? Or you two kind enough, to sit down, and write down a few lines to take me through? TIA. My fun with android OS is handicapped by having to look for custom ROMs. The custom ROM situation is like somebody squeezing my balls. I would like to spend some time to learn like the way I learned myself with the maemo. I got a few chinese craplets and they are all allwinner. I hope by doing one custom ROM, I maybe able to have more fun with the rest of the other craplets.

TIA,

bun
These might help:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1542148
http://www.littlegreenrobot.co.uk/tu...n-android-rom/
http://bit.ly/KvlbE6
__________________
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR
 

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 452 | Thanked: 760 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
#60
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Wow, dont care about craplet, only the girl on the advertisement is attractive enough, , thanks for the link.

BTW, have you dealt with this vendor before? Do you recommend this vendor? The spec of your purchase is really good. Cant wait to see your review. Cant help but notice the tablet you order is branded 'new'. Sometimes, not all the time, the vendor took your money/order but is actually waiting for the product, and made you mad with all the waiting. I hope you do not get into that situations.

The more I read the spec, the more I like it. Good pick.

bun
It is strictly same product as SANEI N90 but in 10.1 inch ...

Just google for the SANEI N90 ...

A++
 

The Following User Says Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
android, chineseknockoff

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 13:52.