Active Topics

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
@tissot
Not really sure what you are trying to say here. Nokia is indeed butchering it's brand at the moment
Thanks, that is what I was trying to say.

When I had the N95, I kept looking at it thinking "Is this really the best that Nokia can do?"

I think this might flesh out what is being said as regards Shipments and Market Share
http://gigaom.com/apple/apple-moves-...-market-grows/
Samsung change 2010 to 2011 350%

Last edited by Rebski; 2011-05-08 at 11:27.

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Maybe you have to be a geek to love the N900, but you shouldn't have to do surface mount solder repairs on a $600 phone.
Maybe I am one of the few who want my mobile phone to be a micro-netbook first, phone second, and camera third.
Maybe there will be some Chinese companies picking up where Nokia dropped off and will stuff a pile of modern hardware features into a Meego or other Debian based OS phone and the community can make it great, like happened with the N900 or Sharp Zaurus but absolutely didn't happen with the OpenMoko because they invested no effort to make a phone that was useful out of the box.
The consensus among those who care is that Nokia will sooner or later be finished by choosing the historic worst of all mobile OS's and will probably end up making Zune phones as a MSFT owned corporation before being retired or sold as a brand. The same thing happened when Erickson was bought out and neutralized by Sony.

Last edited by biketool; 2011-05-08 at 11:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
@tissot

Thanks, that is what I was trying to say.

When I had the N95, I kept looking at it thinking "Is this really the best that Nokia can do?"
I wonder if you got anything what i and corrupt was saying there. N95 got nothing to do with the point we where trying to make there.

N95 was just example of phone that was it's own planet inside a company that elevated brand to it's highest at the time. Like what GS was doing to Samsung. Point was not if i or you like iphone, GS or N95 etc.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
I wonder if you got anything what i and corrupt was saying there. N95 got nothing to do with the point we where trying to make there.

N95 was just example of phone that was it's own planet inside a company that elevated brand to it's highest at the time. Like what GS was doing to Samsung. Point was not if i or you like iphone, GS or N95 etc.
Yes that's ok i got that, it is just that I am not at all articulating the point I am trying to make, something along the lines of Nokia's internal self delusion reflected by its flagship products.

As I say, I am not functioning clearly on this so I need to keep quiet and go back to the sidelines.

I appreciate your non-flaming response though.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Maybe you have to be a geek to love the N900, but you shouldn't have to do surface mount solder repairs on a $600 phone.
I know, I should just go along with fun bashing like this, but I'm quite sure that there is no phone on which you 'have to do' solder repairs.

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Nokia, its not too late, revive the already popular OS brand called Maemo and complete the features that are still half cooked and take the market away.

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
Nokia, its not too late, revive the already popular OS brand called Maemo and complete the features that are still half cooked and take the market away.
oh yes it is too late. you can bet your bottom dollar that the MS deal will have nokia locked into using WP as their sole smartphone OS exclusively. Meego for Nokia will be an R&D product for other mobile platforms for sure.

this is what happens when you decide to prostitute yourself to the likes of MS. They're the ones handing over the cash so they get to go on top when they're f*#king you......

the other hardware manufacturers would be rubbing their hands in glee at the news.

Tags
dead like poo, whats nokia?