Active Topics

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 319 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Grenoble, France
@shikantaza : you can flick between actions in the header. Move the « search location Męp » stuff to the left and the track management will appear, but you find it, good. Besides, Męp stores the last action when quiting, so when starting again, you may end up directly to the track management if you quit it so.

@Jordi : long tap on the track name, you'll have options there (clear, save…).

That was my concerns about UI not intuitive enough. I like it like that because it doe not take too much space and the map stays big, but some of the actions are not discoverable. If any of you have suggestions !

Last edited by dcaliste; 2014-04-23 at 13:32.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dcaliste For This Useful Post:
I've implemented the tile overlay capability and tested it with OpenSeaMap. It's basically working but still requires some optimisations.

It will be in next version.
Attached Images

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dcaliste For This Useful Post:
Is there some easy way to add more sources which use the same syntax as for example Google Maps?

I think Maep on N900 had a providers.ini file (or something similar) to achieve this.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Is Maep still in active dev ? Would still like to see new features in this great app

The Following User Says Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Sorry, I've been silent for a while (long while), but an occupied real life and also other projects for SailfishOS occupied myself (password protected PDFs in sailfish-office and a new UI to access pages and search in PDF documents).

About Męp, I didn't publish the last version with tile overlays and two fingers zoom because there is a bug in the display part that I can't track down or easily reproduce that makes the map sometimes jumps from one position to another before coming back to its original position. I don't like to publish something with a bug like that, but I finally decide myself to do so because this version was waiting for too long already.

Besides, I received two nice contributions (one for compass and the other for Finland tiles), so a new version is indeed out.

Next stuffs in my ToDo list :
* a UI to handle cached tile data (view size, purge old tiles…)
* a way to add custom tile sources besides the one already present.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dcaliste For This Useful Post:
I finally took time to bundle the blocked libraries and QML plugins inside the RPM and thus submitted earlier today Męp to Harbour. Hopefully, it will go in.

Besides, I've had to remove the Google traffic overlay, because the tiles are not available anymore at the address I had. That's a shame, it helped me several time to avoid traffic congestions.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dcaliste For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Hey guys. Where i can get the version 1.4.8.x ?

I can install only 1.4.5 but Jolla Store offers me always an Update to 1.4.8, but can't install it.

In both repos (store and openrepos) i see only the 1.4.5 package.

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Germany
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
Maybe you are interested also in porting Osm2Go on Sailfish?

Osm2Go is using maep in his core as tile rendering
OSM2go does not use maep, and AFAICT never has. But feel free to join me in making it better and getting it on my Jolla.