Active Topics

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Philippines
that confirms that your sensor is malfunctioning. I'm sorry I don't have any spare. I too am dealing with the same problem but had to live with it. replacing it would be hard too you'll need a fine point soldering kit if you find a spare sensor. your best bet would be to buy a new n900 which is really cheap if buy it from someone who does not know the power of this mini computer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deiviboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Penang, Malaysia
ok, bro. Thank you all for all your help, bro Pichlo, Copernicus, deiviboy and all who reply this thread. I'm getting my phone repaired on phone shop

Thank you very much everyone.

This board is very friendly and helpful

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
There is another possibility that the sensor is not so much mulfunctioning as it is just short-circuited by a piece of dirt, trapped moisture or some such. I would start by opening the phone and giving it a good clean inside. You will be surprised how much dirt you can find there. Just a gentle brush with an old soft toothbrush plus blow the dust off would do. Do not brush too hard or you may rub some components off.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
yep, but I don't have the right toolkit for opening it, bro pichlo. And I'm not dexterous enough to open my phone. So today, I bring it to phone shop, hopefully tomorrow will be OK

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Actually, that's pretty easy; the file is generated by the operating system, and contains just one word: either "open" or "closed". You'll need to gain root access, then edit the file with your favorite editor and change the word to "closed", at which point (hopefully) it will then believe that the keyboard is closed.

However, I just tried this on my N900, and the OS immediately set it back to "open", so I don't know just how well this technique will work for you.
You'd probably have to stop MCE first... it will update things like the status of the keyboard, LEDs, etc...

The Following User Says Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post:
hi, bro shawnjefferson. I've not yet tried that, but before I go to phone shop, orientation worked but intermittent.

So I conclude, this is HW problem, and supposedly today, I can get it back

Thanks for all your help everyone

hi everyone. today i've been to phone shop and get my keyboard sensor replaced. Thank you all for all your help and support

I could not have located the problem without all your help. thank you so much

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blood_falcon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Hmm. "Photos" app won't rotate the picture being viewed when you turn the phone? The browser won't rotate if you open up the menu and go to "options", then "settings", and then check "Enable rotation"?

Hmm. Nothing seems wrong to me here, though I am not really an expert.

That is, I think, the correct file for the PR1.3.1 root filesystem. If you want to reformat absolutely everything in the N900, you'll also need to flash the "EMMC" as well; there's a separate .bin file for that. If you haven't already seen it, there's a page with a lot of info about this process at:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware#N900

(This is another area where I am probably not the right person to say anything, as I've only flashed an N900 once...)
I still have 2010 firmware, any idea where i can download the newest firmware for n900.

Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
I still have 2010 firmware, any idea where i can download the newest firmware for n900.
Hi, bro stevomanu

You could get it from here

http://gsmphonetricks.blogspot.com/2...212011381.html

The Following User Says Thank You to blood_falcon For This Useful Post: