Active Topics

I don't know exactly what "next" should be, but I can think of a few high priority points:
- Continue Sailfish OS's development - there are _a lot_ of things that need improving, such as allowing applications to be set up via settings, access to event screen and so on. Increasing the quality here is key. Plenty of information in tjc.
- Improve/support Sailfish OS's application "ecosystem" by allowing for paid applications, polishing Harbour's rules, allowing for 3rd party repositories (not only free, but also for the occasional partner who wants to have theirs). Lots of business talk and processes here, really boring stuff, but required nonetheless.

Assuming it's true that Jolla is overbooked in terms of devices, I don't think that going to another market that may or may not be saturated is wise at the moment. FWIW, they are already doing what they said they would do with China: make Sailfish run on Android devices so that Chinese can download it and flash their device. Not sure what the business model is here, but at the bare minimum it'll get people talking.

Another device? Yeah, sure, but unlikely that that's the "next" move; if anything, it should be happening already in parallel, planned for a later date (NB: I'm not talking about the same device with a modem compatible with US frequencies).

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
smar****ches for health data, navigation and training will be huge. Both militery and cevilians will spend in this area. If you want to be part of the future. This is where you should go...
I really hope not. The current crop of wrist based accessories are woefully inaccurate.

You need a chest strap for accurate heart rate monitoring and for running, sticking a pedometer on your wrist isn't ideal.

For cycling, the wrist is even more stupid. You want the screen on your bars and on all the time. Preferably you'd also want it ANT+ compatible for your power meter and plug in to your Di2 gears. If you're out all day it needs a GPS with a battery that lasts, mapping and a nice big screen that is on all the time.

For swimming, you're going to only swim within bluetooth range of your poolside phone?

IMHO people are trying to cram too much into a watch and you'll end up with something that doesn't work better than the Polar/Garmin devices athletes and cyclists already have but it'll also play flappy bird and buzz on your wrist annoyingly.