Notices

I was just thinking it would be really handy to have an easier way to adjust your online availability via a widget of some sort,

Maybe something as simple and similar to the bluetooth switching widget where a single press is all that's required to go from offline to online.

What would be even better is if there was a way to differentiate between multiple accounts so as to be able to be online via facebook (for example) but offline in MSN etc....It's an absolute PAIN to have to do this via their settings page where you can disable each account individually.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
You can do this with the default availability applet in the status area. Activate all the accounts you want for a particular 'status' , then click new status, and give it a name. Repeat again for the next accounts you want in a particular status and call it something else.

Then, these 'statuses' appear in the availability applet in the status area. Simply tap the one you want, and only those accounts you have configured for that 'status' are active.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
Great tip EIPI! I had no idea I could do that.

DITTO. So that's what the new status thing is for! I thought it was just to set, well, your status to something else :P

That does make things a lot easier, but a widget would still be nice to change between statuses. Wouldn't think it's that difficult since there's that bluetooth switching app?

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by EIPI View Post
You can do this with the default availability applet in the status area. Activate all the accounts you want for a particular 'status' , then click new status, and give it a name. Repeat again for the next accounts you want in a particular status and call it something else.

Then, these 'statuses' appear in the availability applet in the status area. Simply tap the one you want, and only those accounts you have configured for that 'status' are active.
I never noticed that, thanks!

Originally Posted by 316comp View Post
DITTO. So that's what the new status thing is for! I thought it was just to set, well, your status to something else :P

That does make things a lot easier, but a widget would still be nice to change between statuses. Wouldn't think it's that difficult since there's that bluetooth switching app?
That would be nice.