Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I just did the flashing in Windows with Mousse04 image and apparently the result is a working phone. Too bad the phone speaks now chinese or something like that which makes using it a bit problematic .

However, this points to my linux setup being the culprit. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 with adb and fastboot installed from the official repositories. Maybe they're outdated and are the reason for the failure?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
No, I'm pretty sure it's with MM. It's just that it boots, gives a distorted Xperia image after about 10 seconds, and reboots again. Bootlooping forever.
That was exactly what my Xperia X did after flashing, if USERDATA was not wiped.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
That was exactly what my Xperia X did after flashing, if USERDATA was not wiped.
I did click all wipe options.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
I did click all wipe options.
I don't think you should wipe all,
Just wipe user data.
By wiping all, I think you delete data that SFOS Needs (drivers that it depends on from Android, like WiFi and more)

Flashing went well from your log output.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Just wipe user data.
By wiping all, I think you delete data that SFOS Needs (drivers that it depends on from Android, like WiFi and more)
But wouldn't flashing the new Android image anyway install all those drivers?

Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
I just did the flashing in Windows with Mousse04 image and apparently the result is a working phone. Too bad the phone speaks now chinese or something like that which makes using it a bit problematic .

However, this points to my linux setup being the culprit. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 with adb and fastboot installed from the official repositories. Maybe they're outdated and are the reason for the failure?
strange. Mine got all languages

The Following User Says Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Just wipe user data.

Flashing went well from your log output.
Good point. I also wiped only userdata.

I would say rather that : as the .fsc script is not perfectly up to date, ar aligned with the image, maybe by wiping everything, you wiped something which is not flashed by the script ....

The Following User Says Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:
I finally managed to accidentally click on some chinese scribbling that presented me with language selection. So I'm now able to use the phone and hopefully try to recover the DRM keys.

Thank you all for the help! For now it remains a mystery to me why I couldn't flash successfully with linux, but that it was at the end a success is most important. And a word of encouragement to others with my predicatement, it was much less a laborous process to do it under Windows than I was afraid of. Unlike many guides said, I did not have to install any drivers etc. Just download FlashTool and feed the image to it.

I finally managed to accidentally click on some chinese scribbling that presented me with language selection. So I'm now able to use the phone and hopefully try to recover the DRM keys.

Thank you all for the help! For now it remains a mystery to me why I couldn't flash successfully with linux, but that it was at the end a success is most important. And a word of encouragement to others with my predicatement, it was much less a laborous process to do it under Windows than I was afraid of. Unlike many guides said, I did not have to install any drivers etc. Just download FlashTool and feed the image to it.
got the same problem ... but was luckier

Edit: Anyway, good news. Now, let's help @juiceme

Last edited by mousse04; 2017-09-28 at 20:29.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mousse04 View Post
Edit: Anyway, good news. Now, let's help @juiceme
My advice to juiceme: if you have troubles with this inside linux, then despite the mental horror, boot into Windows or loan a friend's Windows machine for fifteen minutes. I spent several evenings trying these tools within Linux. Once I swallowed my pride, it was only a matter of 15 minutes until I had successfully downgraded the phone.

At least under Windows 10 I didn't have to download any drivers, just have Mousse04 image on USB stick and download Flashtool. Easy peasy. The DRM backup software seemed to work well within linux after flashing MM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:

Tags
bootloader, xperia ☓