what do u mean when you say u disabled gps. is it usually on by default? or do you mean your not running the ovi maps or location widget or something similar.

Originally Posted by z3phyr View Post
what do u mean when you say u disabled gps. is it usually on by default? or do you mean your not running the ovi maps or location widget or something similar.
By default GPS is enabled in such way, that if an application tries to use it, it can.

But you can set it so that no application may use GPS at all.

My battery life has too dramatically reduced, and for ages I've been trying to pin point why... Now its maybe not a coincedence that it's dropped the same time i got a new router!!

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland@Turku
Is it possible to make a script or widget even that disables/enables energy intensive services or functions like GPS, bluetooth, wi-fi etc?
I'd very much would like such a function. No confirmation dialog, just a one click flick to either turn on/off.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
I'd concur. There is certainly something up with Wi-Fi....when connected to Wi-Fi, the batter drains within around 6 hours (even if IDLE and no downloading/uploading). When Wi-Fi is off (and network set to 2G rather than 3G) the battery is perfectly happy lasting 24 hours at least.
Lets hope this is something picked up by the next firmware update

Someone else having browserd using about ~13% all the time?

I have installed alot of apps and unistalled 99% of them. Would like to get some more battery life..

my battery is empty after 5 hours in idle mode, with all widgets erased, 2,5G, and no Wifi.
I checked the CPU usage with X terminal and Calendar is "eating" between 60-80%. I opened the calendar and closed it. I checked again the X terminal and after a few moments the Calendar usage appear again.
How I can close this Calendar to work in background, because is using a lot of CPU and is draining the battery so fast?
thank you,
Catalin

i had to get rid of calendar and stop using wifi. Its better now.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Chippeer View Post
Today, I woke up and i go to internet through 3G. I was on internet about 1:15h and then i play supertux for 1 hour. In the end i have 10 minute call and then battery was totally empty.... Is it normal? Thank you for your response...
Yeah I reckon so.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by sabaircargo View Post
I checked the CPU usage with X terminal and Calendar is "eating" between 60-80%. I opened the calendar and closed it. I checked again the X terminal and after a few moments the Calendar usage appear again.
There's definitely something wrong there. If you reboot, does the calendar usage show up again?