Closed Thread
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
The chances of Nokia announced release being on time is nil IMHO.
That's why there's no release date like there's no for any else mobile phone manufacturer.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
well, its the 29th, and still no release of the new firmware. :/

Originally Posted by jamie721 View Post
thats alot of speculation u got there. any evidence?
well india and other countries r launching their n900 soon aren't they? they're not making money by releasing pr 1.2 either wouldn't they. at least if they release it else where, they would have an excuse telling the new customers "no, its better now" for those unfamiliar with whats going on. n so u have to pay to get ur device upgrade?

handwriting recognition is made by pen power, but they still need time to incorporate it with n900, if it is to be used natively inside the device. if its just its own program for handwriting recognition, that would be pointless wouldn't it?

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 383 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong
I've attended today's launch event that was held at the Island Shangri-La Hotel (near Pacific Place,Admiralty) and tonight's bloggers' gathering. Here are some pics and video of both events:

Hong Kong artists Kate Tsui and Ronald Cheng. The guy next to them is Bruce Lam, Nokia HK's General Manager.

Local shops will start selling N900 on May 1st 2010, at the price of HK$4998:

Penpower's Handwriting solution supports "Hong Kong special characters" (those in HKSCS character set):

Video:

Bloggers' gathering, also organized by Nokia, was held at the second floor of the Nokia's flagship store in Causeway Bay (near Times Square):

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to amandalam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 383 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong
I was told by the Nokians that the PR1.2 firmware will not be released globally so soon... so, don't expect it to be released for download at the same time as the Hong Kong edition.

By the way, since PR1.2 is with Qt 4.6 bundles, some apps that were developed in previous versions of Qt may not be able to run properly. Perhaps that's why Nokia would like to hold the PR1.2 release date a bit so that developers will have time to adjust their code for better Qt 4.6 compatibility.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amandalam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by amandalam View Post
[/center]

Video:
Wow This chick is smoking hot!! Damnnnnnnn........... *Me so horny* lol :P

I was told by the Nokians that the PR1.2 firmware will not be released globally so soon... so, don't expect it to be released for download at the same time as the Hong Kong edition.
Now I'm disappointed in Nokia. They're willing to ship devices to Hong Kong with it loaded, but there's something so pressing that they can't release it for the rest of the world?

By the way, since PR1.2 is with Qt 4.6 bundles, some apps that were developed in previous versions of Qt may not be able to run properly. Perhaps that's why Nokia would like to hold the PR1.2 release date a bit so that developers will have time to adjust their code for better Qt 4.6 compatibility.
Well they had ages to do so when the autobuild servers and SDK were moved to Qt 4.6 way too soon, so I'm not quite sure that's a reasonable explanation.

Also, they need to hurry up and shuffle that PenPower package over to the non-free catalog or to the Nokia repositories instead of the free catalog.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Disappointed!! I'll be going oversea on the 3rd and my dream of getting Pr1.2 is shattered!! Such terrible moves from NOkia!

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY8zCBzvQLo...
Interesting, the clip runs with hesitation on 360 but ran absolutely smooth on 720 HD. Video is eye pleasingly clear, audio is difficult to hear. I think the MC called the model N-nine-zero-zero while Bruce Lam (HK Nokia manager) called it N-nine-hundred. Looking at the glamor and the display, Nokia is going to put up a big fight in Asia about the N900, still a good news for the steps children, the rest of us.

Thanks Amanda for the video, I wish I was invited

bun

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Interesting, the clip runs with hesitation on 360 but ran absolutely smooth on 720 HD. Video is eye pleasingly clear, audio is difficult to hear. I think the MC called the model N-nine-zero-zero while Bruce Lam (HK Nokia manager) called it N-nine-hundred. Looking at the glamor and the display, Nokia is going to put up a big fight in Asia about the N900, still a good news for the steps children, the rest of us.

Thanks Amanda for the video, I wish I was invited

bun
If I was invited to this conference, I won't be able to understand anything either lol. I may be understand the sexy girl Oh la la!! So mooth and shiney!! Damn... (*I'm talking about the N900*) lol

Closed Thread