Notices

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
160by2 is working in www2sms now.
@gri, u can use m.160by2.com/index.asp?in=yes for scraping the page (if that is what you're doing).

can "comtube,ru", be added as provider?
it has free registration and 9 free sms for tests
api for sms sending -
https://www.comtube.com/forum/viewto...3c8c4f012285de

I live in US, Can i send free SMS to Indian Cellphone numbers using WEB2SMS? And I don't see 160by2 as an option to be added.

can you add the fullonsms.com as provider. i believe there is no js in this..

Can you add gmx.de as provider? Thanks!

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mandorin View Post
Can you add gmx.de as provider? Thanks!
here it is! because I also want to use my GMX free sms
feel free to use and test it, and please report bugs!

it wasn't easy to hack this together, there are nearly no docs for python plugins for Web2SMS...
but with the SIPgate plugin from this thread and the source from the project I finally got it working.
Thx @Web2sms-developers, it's a great app
The sms sending functionality is from http://gmxsms.sourceforge.net/ with some modifications... (Thx for that project, because GMX-SMS hast no API docs...)

Features:
  • Send SMS via GMX
  • Show Account Balance
  • 'Session handling' for the GMX stuff
  • Full Error handling (?)

ToDo:
  • Get this unicode stuff working (e.g. '€' is delivered as '?')
  • Multiple Receipients (implement and test)
  • Display costs if no more free sms available
  • fix that ugly code

You don't need your GMX password! There is a 'Freischaltcode' on the GMX page:
Login to your GMX account, navigate to "SMS und MMS" and then choose "Download und weitere Informationen", on the bottom of the page you'll finde the code.

to use it, remove the .txt ending and save it in /opt/web2sms/providers/

If somebody uses this as example for other python plugins: forget the SMSManager class, it is for the GMX-related stuff...

[EDIT] updated provider plugin, fixed some bugs with umlauts [/EDIT]
Attached Files
File Type: txt provider_gmx.py.txt (13.4 KB, 206 views)

Last edited by shuairan; 2011-03-31 at 15:41.

This seems to be a great application. I think it is really nice to have it just like the SMS interface, congratulations.

I would like to ask for an improvement. Here in Brazil we are required to place a long distance operator in front of a number. However, you can't do this for international SMSs. So it seems to be impossible to use web2sms, because either the number is wrong (and it fails) or the software tells me that it can't prepend the international prefixes.

My idea is to either:

1) Allow some kind of configuration or plugin to specify how to correct the contact number to be used for SMS

2) Allow the "to field" be editable. When you select a contact it just pastes the number in the "To filed" and lets the user correct the prefixes.

Thanks,

Luis

Originally Posted by kamil365 View Post
Great app. Will be possible in the future add our own provider? I would love to see this two http://sms.orange.pl/ and http://www1.plus.pl/
Maybe some one could add those two please.

Are there any FREE sms providers on the list or that will be added on? I have checked most of them and they seem to be premium.
I don't see the point unless a lot of users actually pay for these services, you could easily go to a free sms website and send a txt internationally for free or within your own country.
Its a nice app but I wish that it came with free sms providers which are ready to use. Iphone users already have an app that allows them to send free txts (dont know the name, but a friend of mine has it).

I hope there is an updated version of this out soon that does have free sms available.

Please could you add www.chikka.com? It is a really usefull provider.

Thanks in advance