Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
If WP8 fails microsoft will be on the track to being irrelevant and only a miracle will save them especially with desktop and laptop becoming irrelevant themselves. Nokia made a horrible horrible bet when they chose MS.
That is yet to be seen. The doomsdayers here should remember how apple came to the brink of bankruptcy and dissolution, and rose up again. Ordinary people, as someone said above, think of a device that will give them smooth, reliable, day and nite device. Maemo and Meego are far short from that. 99% of the population could care less what the OS is, as LONG AS THE EXPERIENCE IS SMOOTH AND RELIABLE!!!!!!. Lumia 800 and 900 deliver that. I think that NOKIA will do OK.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
That is yet to be seen. The doomsdayers here should remember how apple came to the brink of bankruptcy and dissolution, and rose up again. Ordinary people, as someone said above, think of a device that will give them smooth, reliable, day and nite device. Maemo and Meego are far short from that. 99% of the population could care less what the OS is, as LONG AS THE EXPERIENCE IS SMOOTH AND RELIABLE!!!!!!. Lumia 800 and 900 deliver that. I think that NOKIA will do OK.
tell me why android can be so success event with buggy system inside them?

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
tell me why android can be so success event with buggy system inside them?
Come on, its much less buggy than N900 or N9. You know that.

are you sure? but i dont see any reason to switch to wp atm, its a total downgrade,

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
are you sure? but i dont see any reason to switch to wp atm, its a total downgrade,
Weren't you talking about Android? How did WP7 creep into your comparison?

Stick with one point at a time man.

android is better experience rather than windows phone, thats my point, and harmattan is greatest one till date

Yeah, maybe normal people's thoughts fly to the many viruses they caught while using their PCs, when they read "Microsoft", but they know it's their fault and that there are antivirus programs. Switching point of view, what comes to people's mind when they hear Linux? Nothing, for the majority, and "hell no!!! That weird geek stuff where you can't even install programs with a simple double click" for many others, me included (I'm very experienced with Windows and tech-products but hey, isn't it ridiculous that I couldn't easily install nvidia drivers on my laptop, using Ubuntu (supposedly the most user friendly of all Linux distros)?
Anyway, just wanted to say that in most people's mind Microsoft Windows == computers, they don't consider anything else.

With regard to downgrade from older Nokias, when buyinv a WP7, not true: as someone said above, people look first and foremost for a smooth phone. Secondly, they open the market and download few apps like Whatsapp. And they're happy. Sad, but true. I thought the same as you guys some time ago, but then I realized that the majority of people still goes around with a mp3 player and don't need a SD card; barely anyone uses BT transfer, so they don't care it's close; and so on. Besides, iPhone doesn't have all these and none of the normal people seem to care, so it has become the standard.
Finally, I read many forums and noticed that most of the people who switch to WP7 from Android are happy and like it better, to my great surprise. I myself owned a LG Optimus 7 for some time and I certainly like WP7 more than Android (had a LG Optimus 2X), for it's more polished, smooth, consistent in the UI (one of the biggest problems in Android: it's ****in ugly) and the shortcomings are minor and you can definitely live with that. I'm not a super geek so I didn't miss devel-su and other stuff therr, but I can say that normal daily usage does not require any of the features that WP7 doesn't already pack.
That's why maggots do and will like it, and imo it will grow in the future.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Usually I stay away from this threads, however ...

@Etchelon - you are talking about US, ain't? As here in Europe the situation is much different, leaving aside Asia. Microsoft and Windows in whatever shape is not welcome outside offices. Mass storage, sd cards, BT transfer, all this stuff you say is not used (but of course, how to use something your device is not capable of, think iphone), is actually used often enough so its lack to be a dealbreaker.

Sometimes I am really impressed how some of the US guys think the only continent on the Earth is North America .

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I like Windows more than android. Still don't using my Windows Phone as first or second device. Reason? Still not good enough. For example, formfactor is the greatest advantage of android. It's not the OS itself, and it's the flooded market. I want a mini phone och mega screen phone and a qwerty-hardware phone and that is only android phones available in theses segment. It's sad.

Edit: and soon a projection phone

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-04-06 at 07:40.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Usually I stay away from this threads, however ...

@Etchelon - you are talking about US, ain't? As here in Europe the situation is much different, leaving aside Asia. Microsoft and Windows in whatever shape is not welcome outside offices. Mass storage, sd cards, BT transfer, all this stuff you say is not used (but of course, how to use something your device is not capable of, think iphone), is actually used often enough so its lack to be a dealbreaker.

Sometimes I am really impressed how some of the US guys think the only continent on the Earth is North America .
You could wait for my reply before boldly writing your last statement
I'm Italian, and the situation here is as I described. It's all related to the level of culture of the population. Low culture == dumb people == people don't care about Linux, Harmattan or SD cards.

Tags
blame others, deluded fanboys, kidsbeingkids, lumiadork, ms will die, salesdroids, the elop flop, wp blows