Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Gratuitousness.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
So why do we have to wait until september 23. I tought Elop hade plan for fast releases after announcment. I guess not
My guess would be that the windows phones get the fast release

The Following User Says Thank You to tonspaa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
Two sample photos taken with N9. They seem pretty nice i'd say.

These are photos taken with pre-production version of a camera sensor (and also pre-production version of a software as I can see GPSAltitude bug there that was fixed only recently, mind you Nokia Nxy make/model which is also fixed in launch release software). While quality might be sufficient, image quality tuning continues until very close to actual handover of a software to factory belts. So take these with a grain of salt.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to abbra For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by tonspaa View Post
My guess would be that the windows phones get the fast release
Fast release is overrated. You have to give them some slack. From june to september is only 3 months. They showed several s40 devices as well, and they are coming this summer. If we see wp phones for christmas I tthink we will be happy.

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Fast release is overrated. You have to give them some slack. From june to september is only 3 months. They showed several s40 devices as well, and they are coming this summer. If we see wp phones for christmas I tthink we will be happy.
Or at least complacent enough with a Nokia branded phone running Windows Phone 7, for the Nokia fanbois. :P Again, so much for Nokia branded Maemo/MeeGo eh?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What do expect him to say? It's his job to actually make sure the device will be sold. Elops job is to make sure nokia stock get a low prize so Microsoft can buy it cheap!
no little Elop is just pissed cause meedia like N9 and if it succes he will get fired and no other company wants a looser.

So I prefer beleive in thosed scandinavians than idiot MrFlop.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
no little Elop is just pissed cause meedia like N9 and if it succes he will get fired and no other company wants a looser.

So I prefer beleive in thosed scandinavians than idiot MrFlop.
Not true. Elop was a failure at Microsoft and Nokia hired him on. Apparently, there ARE companies that will hired failures as CEO's. There are many like this, too, think Carly Fiorina, Darl McBride, etc.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Those guys don't run the company, and their statements conflict with the most recent by Elop...
well this is not the first time. They always has to go out and cleanup after his mess.

I dont thinkk wp can succes evey country its just Microsoft and Elop who is that naive.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I think there is battle within nokia. Meego VS Win7...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
As already discussed on the other thread if this is not correct why hasn't Elop come straight out and said so?

Is anybody seriously now going to risk $600+ on a phone which is not even supported by Nokia?

What seems odd is that it wasn't just a low profile release of the N9 phone without Elop being present, unless part of the deal with Intel was a senior member of Nokia had to be present when the first meego phone was released.
there are several reasons to buy this device. First of openess. next is no one her can actualy know if it will not be supported in long run. Third is it seems like the device has alot apps already.what most people want. That means MrFlop so called ecosystem isnt that important. take a look at N900 we dont have 100000 apps but still we have most of the stuff.

Btw. the community has alread started to make apps for n9 oor port from n900.

What Elop says is unitresting he is going down. He will not stay at this company for long thats for sure. Bussines decisions can change very fast...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????