Active Topics

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
There is no way for me to close the settings! Also the standby-screen tells 1. Jan. 1970! What happened to the swype-to-taskswitcher function? WLan still buggy...

It never was. You have to swype it and then close it when it is minimalized.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
I don't have bluetooth. Also, I cannot change between the 2 available themes nor can I change the wallpaper.

Lastly, I'm guessing Nemo/Meego CE are not gpu-powered, right? Will they use gpu acceleration in the future? I hope so. It's the only way to become "usable".

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
IMO, the launcher-open apps button switcher is too awkward. It uses too much space, and should instead work either like

a. GNOME3/Fremantle multiple layers
b. Harmattan swipable screens
Please note that b) is already implemented, but there are concepts to have more screens than just a launcher and switcher. What you see now is on an early stage.

Also note that if you really don't like the UI, you can easily write one from scratch yourself and show you can do a better job, see for instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeTOXaJiHTY

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
I don't have bluetooth.
What hardware? Though I think this is a known problem.

Also, I cannot change between the 2 available themes nor can I change the wallpaper.
You can more or less forget theme switching without a reboot. The applet in the CP should really go away, I guess, or make sure it does a reboot.

(please file bugs if they don't exist already, fwiw, otherwise they won't get noticed)

The wallpaper issue is already tracked as https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=434

Lastly, I'm guessing Nemo/Meego CE are not gpu-powered, right? Will they use gpu acceleration in the future? I hope so. It's the only way to become "usable".
Nemo Mobile is the correct name, MeeGo CE died a fair while ago.

Anyway, to answer your question, yes they are: they won't work without GPU acceleration. I'm guessing you're asking this because you're seeing something that appears slow, so can I ask you to file a bug, including what hardware you're running on, a description of what you can do to reproduce, and also take a look in 'top' and see if anything looks out of place - and include info in the bug.

Thanks!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the reply!

yes, I know those "problems" have been mentioned. I am not complaining or anything. : )

Yes, I know Meego CE's last update was the fall 2011. It's Nemo OS now.

Really? It uses the gpu? I thought it didn't because of ,you know, some struggles here and there. "Top" gives normal readings.

Of course I'm not the expert here.

If you say Nemo is gpu-accelerated, I believe you.

*As for the bluetooth, it says "bluetooth adapter not found" iirc.
It has already been filed as bug afaik.

thanks again.

I am very curious to see how Nemo progresses on the N900 : )

*I miss the old homescreen tbh. I hope it returns in the future (though it seems unlikely (?) as Meego clearly "dislikes" homescreens) : p

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2012-09-04 at 14:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Ops I forgot!

Does "double tap to unlock" works for you guys? For me sometimes yes, sometimes no.

yes, I know those "problems" have been mentioned. I am not complaining or anything. : )
I didn't accuse you of such, I'm just trying to say, please make sure they're tracked so we know about them and can fix them :-)

Really? It uses the gpu? I thought it didn't because of ,you know, some struggles here and there. "Top" gives normal readings.
Which hardware, and which applications/situations? There's definitely work we can do in a lot of places to optimise things further, the priority so far has mostly been in getting things functional, though.

I miss the old homescreen tbh. I hope it returns in the future (though it seems unlikely (?) as Meego clearly "dislikes" homescreens) : p
It would be easy to recreate it using the infrastructure we have now.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Does "double tap to unlock" works for you guys? For me sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Hardware-dependent. Seems to be fine on my N950 at least..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
I didn't accuse you of such, I'm just trying to say, please make sure they're tracked so we know about them and can fix them :-)
Of course you didn't. Never felt like that.
I just wanted to state it.

Which hardware, and which applications/situations? There's definitely work we can do in a lot of places to optimise things further, the priority so far has mostly been in getting things functional, though.
when you say hardware, you're talking about the N900's revision , right? Mine is 2101.
I have installed Nemo in eMMC btw.

By saying it's behaving slow in some situations... it varies. I mean it's totally understadable. Noone said Nemo is ready for everyday use.

Sometimes, it will struggle to open an application, or even worse freeze. SOmetimes double tap to unlock won't work etc

It would be easy to recreate it using the infrastructure we have now.
Yes, why not. Allthough I bet my *** those things have been already recreated and filled from other users.

Hardware-dependent. Seems to be fine on my N950 at least..
It's mainly because of the N950's capacitive screen , right?