Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
something is not installed properly ?

A++
That message is expected, installation should be fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Since Nokia Store, apparently, has some upgrading to do which causes all MeeGo application updates to delay for up-to few weeks... I'm publishing the final 1.6.0 version I uploaded to Nokia store here for those interested:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi....6.0_armel.deb

If you have installed a version from Nokia Store, you must uninstall it before installing this version.

Muzimak: the easiest way to install this version is, by using Firefox. If you don't have Firefox, install it from Nokia store. Then come to this page and click the link I put above. It will then install automatically.
Not installing, 'package not available'

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Not installing, 'package not available'
I find this error peculiar. Do you have terminal installed? If you do, execute the following commands:

Code:
~ $ devel-su
~ # apt-get install wget
~ # wget 'http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profilematic/profilematic_1.6.0_armel.deb'
~ # dpkg -i profilematic_1.6.0_armel.deb

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Just a minute... I may have misunderstood what you said earlier.

So is this the problem:

- You have a rule in ProfileMatic that changes availability to "Away". And also in ProfileMatic you set the "Status message" to something like "Away as a result of being idle"
- When the rule activates, availability goes to idle, but your status message is not updated to "Away as a result of being idle" as specified in ProfileMatic.

Is this the issue? If it is, it's not working as supposed and requires some looking into.
Yes (the rule sets the status message and availabilty to away).

I just installed 1.6, can you please tell me what means?

Warning

ProfileMatic lacks credentials that are needed to change flight mode and power saving mode, and you have such rules...

I have PR1.2 installed, never seen this message before (althought I had noticed flight mode didn't appear to be activating via ProfileMatic recently)

EDIT: I mean, i know what this means, but how does ProfileMatic loose the credential? Is this related to the dev-mode update that was recently pushed out?

Last edited by nbedford; 2012-04-25 at 18:26.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
I just installed 1.6, can you please tell me what means?

Warning

ProfileMatic lacks credentials that are needed to change flight mode and power saving mode, and you have such rules...

I have PR1.2 installed, never seen this message before (althought I had noticed flight mode didn't appear to be activating via ProfileMatic recently)

EDIT: I mean, i know what this means, but how does ProfileMatic loose the credential? Is this related to the dev-mode update that was recently pushed out?
Just reinstall this version again.. After this no problem...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Petteri View Post
Yes (the rule sets the status message and availabilty to away).
I managed to reproduce it. I watched from another account, in gmail, my online status. When ProfileMatic changes online status and the message, the status changes fine but the message does not come to gmail. The weird thing is, when checked from N9's Accounts UI, it shows the correct status message that I had specified.

I will look into what could be done about it... hopefully it's not some bug in the platform and is fixable in ProfileMatic.

On more positive news, ProfileMatic just passed 15000 downloads in Nokia Store. Virtual beers for all! And I've received around dozen donations - big thanks to you all.

Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
Changing Flight mode and power saving mode is not supposed to be possible for 3rd party applications (Nokia's - in my opinion stupid - platform policy). But there's bugs in PR1.2 and earlier that allow ProfileMatic to gain the credential anyway. Incidentally you can fully expect not to be able to use ProfileMatic to change flight mode and power saving mode in PR1.3, most likely the bugs will be patched in it.

Anyway, since I'm using bugs in the platform, it's not totally reliable. Sometimes the platform wakes from its slumber and "fixes" ProfileMatic to not have the credential. This may happen after installing/uninstalling some other applications and rebooting - well, that's my theory anyway.

The solution is simple though, as Schturman said - just reinstall. But there's the background in all its verbosity.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
It is working again now, after I uninstalled, reboot, and re-isntalled.

So obviously I was wrong in my assumption of the updated dev-mode packages having an effect.

But thanks for the background info, I guess after PR1.3 I'll have a real reason to use Inception, I'd always said I would only go that route when I needed to, but I absolutely love ProfileMatic. Thanks for all your hard work.

The Following User Says Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post:
I managed to reproduce it. I watched from another account, in gmail, my online status. When ProfileMatic changes online status and the message, the status changes fine but the message does not come to gmail. The weird thing is, when checked from N9's Accounts UI, it shows the correct status message that I had specified.
Good and bad news about this: I did some more testing, and the status changing works fine with for example busy. It's the away status that can't change status message.

Also N9's Availability UI behaves the same way, so it seems like a platform bug. So ProfileMatic seems to work "as intended", just like the native Availability UI.

Maybe this will be fixed in PR1.3. Meanwhile, be busy when wanting to use status message.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: