Active Topics

Originally Posted by netvandal View Post
Hi guys, no news for me and Wikiwide ?
Thanks!
I'm afraid i don't have any news yet for you, netvandal, if I hear anything at all I'll be very quick to let you know. I know qwazix is trying hard to make contact to a Nokian via council contacts to try and help you and Wikiwide. He wasn't having any success, I'm not sure if that has now changed, but I'm hoping you'll both hear some news soon.

It's very awkward situation, as in the 3 years of the competition running this is the first time a device has gone missing, indeed 2 device packages have gone missing At this stage we can only assume the devices were either not posted, have got caught up in customs, have gone missing, or have been returned as undeliverable to Nokia.

The best we can offer as a substitution is a share of the bounty, but that's a last solution - we want to do our best to help you receive the devices you were promised. Truthfully, without inside help from Nokia, there's very little we can do to help you locate your devices. I know qwazix will continue to do his best to contact someone who will be able to help, and I really hope he will have some encouraging news for us soon.

We do have the unassigned bounty shares for the Location & Navigation category set aside, and if there's still no luck after all avenues have been tried, we can make use of that. It would mean that atleast you would have something but I understand myself that's it's little compensation for a device. So we'll continue to see if we can make any progress in the meantime.

Edit:
Apologies Wikiwide - your post just above (^^^) came in while I was writing my reply to netvandal but it's about all I know on the situation for you both. Hopefully qwazix will be able to answer your specific questions about the attempted contacts he has made with Nokia.

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
I sent all the payments of the first prize money winners.
I'll wait a day or two, just to check if everything went smooth, then I'll send the money of the second prize money winners.
Thanks zehjotkah! Just checking you've seen my follow up email about Hossein's paypal issue (he's one of the second placed winners). He's asked that we don't pay it to that paypal address I already forwarded to you until he sorts something out. He'll update me later and I'll let you know what he wants us to do

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-12-11 at 13:49.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
There are still no news, let me ask the board if there is any response and get back to you, but I doubt that there was something and they didn't contact me or even you directly. The thing is that the last response (to me) from Nokia was no response, now I don't have any direct contact with anybody at Nokia any longer, and everything has to go through the board.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the update qwazix. Seems like we need wait for the board then - atleast they do have Nokia contacts, but there's no telling how long we might need to wait until we hear anything back. But atleast it's a possible avenue for progress.

It's a long shot - but in the meantime is there anybody reading the thread that works for Nokia, or has a contact within Nokia, who may be able to help us? If we can get to the right person I'm sure we can get this resolved quite easily.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
konttori still hangs around occasionally & reads only....
He won't address some things I've been asking him about, he was going to fill me in on them, but now he seems to have decided to leave it be

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Hi everyone,

I've just sent the second prize money. (Of course except of Location & Navigation category)

Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Thanks zehjotkah! Just checking you've seen my follow up email about Hossein's paypal issue (he's one of the second placed winners). He's asked that we don't pay it to that paypal address I already forwarded to you until he sorts something out. He'll update me later and I'll let you know what he wants us to do
Ups... Missed that.
If the paypal address is just spelled wrong there is no problem. PayPal just won't send the money. If it is a wrong address (like from somebody else), this person who got the money should not accept the money so it'll be transfered back without any fees...
Sorry!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Meerut, India
Payment received! Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShwStppr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Ups... Missed that.
If the paypal address is just spelled wrong there is no problem. PayPal just won't send the money. If it is a wrong address (like from somebody else), this person who got the money should not accept the money so it'll be transfered back without any fees...
Sorry!
d'oh! I'll email him to see if he can still pick it up or find out where it has gone to.

Edit:
I've just emailed Hossein advising that the money has been paid out to the paypal address he originally provided, but had later asked us not to. I'm not sure the reason for the change of mind.

I've asked if his friend has received the money and can send it to Hossein, or else if his friend can refuse the transfer and then we'll get it back and send it to Hossein directly.

If the paypal address is wrong it may have gone to no-one or it may have gone to someone we don't know. We'll figure out the next steps once we're clear what the situation is.

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-12-12 at 13:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I haven't received any response from Nokia yet and I don't have any more contacts there. Are there any news about the missing devices?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I haven't received any response from Nokia yet and I don't have any more contacts there. Are there any news about the missing devices?
Thanks for trying ivgalvez, as of yesterday there's been no news at all. Do you think there might be anyone else on the BoD or council with internal contacts that could help us?

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
it may sound prudish but has anyone considered sending an email to Elop?

Send him an email with references of how contacts have failed board, council and kojacker.

Considering PR consequences I wager the success rate of him finding 2 devices to send out is much higher than waiting the current situation out...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas