Good afternoon. I have searched for an answer to my question but haven't been able to find anything. If there is an answer and I've just missed it, I apologise.

I bought a cyan Nokia N9 on ebay. After having received it I wanted to update it to the latest version of the MeeGo OS, but haven't received any indication of OTA updates available for me. I downloaded the Nokia Suite for Windows and after attaching the N9, there is still no update available.

My N9 is running PR 1.2 (30.2012.07-1.341.1_PR_341).

I emailed Nokia Care, and they emailed back this morning simply telling me that updates were rolled out depending on a variety of factors, and that because of this I should just sit on my hands and wait.

After having searched, I found a possible solution of downloading and then flashing the latest version through Navifirm+. However, after having looked at the code listed on the sim card tray, it revealed to me that the phone was sold by Orange Poland. I then discovered that Navifirm+ doesn't have a listing for an Orange Poland version of the PR 1.3 OS -- leading me to believe that they probably won't release one.

I would just download another image and flash that, but tutorials on manually flashing PR 1.3 have sternly indicated that only variants that match the carrier code should be flashed, and nothing else.

Any thoughts? Is there any way for me to get 1.3 onto this N9, or am I stuck with 1.2?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Mitosis; 2012-09-23 at 13:50. Reason: Navifirm+, not naviform.; Solved.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
You can always flash PR1.3 001 global vanilla over PR1.2.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
You can always flash PR1.3 001 global vanilla over PR1.2.
Are the global vanilla versions the ones listed at the top of the list for PR1.3 in Navifirm+?

Also, thanks!

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Mitosis View Post
Are the global vanilla versions the ones listed at the top of the list for PR1.3 in Navifirm+?
From the [SOLVED] tag probably you found it already, anyway the global vanilla versions are not the one in top of Navifirm list (which begins with "N9 RM-696 ..." versions) but at least the top of the "RM-696 NDT ..." list of versions.
Names are like "RM-696 NDT <capacity> ROW <colour>"

i have the same problem , i am using a orange pl nokia n9 in greece probably sim unlocked .. did you managed to update it to 1.3? without sim locked it?