Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2021 @ Germany, near Lübeck
Hello, I do not know what I'm doing wrong.

My N5 had Ubuntu Touch on it and I wanted to make as the only system now Sailfish OS and version 3.3.x.x on it.
Points 1 -2 were already done (Ubuntu was running).
Do I also need point 3 and if so how ? (At the moment there is no system on the N5.
TWRP 2015 is installed because I only want to have Sailfish.
Point 4 is done and point 5 I do not want.
Point 6 Without error message also done, but now my N5 is stuck in the bootlogo.

what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help

Greetings
Steffen

PS: all refers to post number 1169

Last edited by OhneZ; 2021-06-10 at 17:52. Reason: forget Translate to english

Originally Posted by OhneZ View Post
Hello, I do not know what I'm doing wrong.

My N5 had Ubuntu Touch on it and I wanted to make as the only system now Sailfish OS and version 3.3.x.x on it.
Do I also need point 3 and if so how ? (At the moment there is no system on the N5.
TWRP 2015 is installed because I only want to have Sailfish.
Point 6 Without error message also done, but now my N5 is stuck in the bootlogo.

what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help

Greetings
Steffen

PS: all refers to post number 1169
Hello,
You said currently there is no system on the N5 but you also said you installed Sailfish as a secondary rom.
I think the purpose of Multirom is to be able to install secondary roms next to the main one. This means (and this is how I understand) there must be a primary rom installed. Otherwise secondary rom will not boot. (I think.)
I recommend you to do a fresh start.
Instal a Lineage OS or any other slimmed-down Android as the main rom, then install Sailfish as a secondary rom following the instruction on post 1169. You can ignore the bit regarding UT if you don't need that.

I feel a little silly, but I cannot seem to get my Nexus 5 flashed.

So, I boot the phone into recovery (TWRP).

I choose "wipe" (default options, no changes).

I choose "install".
Then, I choose the two zip files,
a) the CM12.1 one suggested here
b) the 4.0.1.48 one linked here
and flash them.

Afterwards I reboot and then the phone just sits there with the Google logo indefinitely.

What am I doing wrong?

P.S. I'm getting one error message while flashing the 4.0.1.48 zip file:
Code:
mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata at /data: Device or resource busy
Copying and running scripts seems to proceed regardless.

P.P.S. I can get rid of the error message by issuing a "umount /data" through adb shell before flashing the 4.0.1.48 zip file. Still caught at the Google logo. The LED does not come up at all.

P.P.P.S. When I flash cm13 and SF 3.0.3 everything works even though the same failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata at /data message comes up. Thus, I assume this is not the source of the problem. The two zip files mentioned above (CM12.1 and 4.0.1.48) just do not seem to create a working system. Am I the only one affected by this?

Last edited by dubliner; 2021-08-10 at 08:04.

After trying all the images linked here (from 3.0 through 4.0) in conjunction with the CM12.1 image mentioned on the first page of this thread, I was unable to produce even one system that would boot.

To verify, the CM12.1 works in combination with the SFOS 2.0 zip linked in the first post.

Thus, I must assume the CM12.1 I used is unsuitable for edp17's zips.

Where can I find the CM12.1 that can be installed in combination with edp17's images?

Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
After trying all the images linked here (from 3.0 through 4.0) in conjunction with the CM12.1 image mentioned on the first page of this thread, I was unable to produce even one system that would boot.

To verify, the CM12.1 works in combination with the SFOS 2.0 zip linked in the first post.

Thus, I must assume the CM12.1 I used is unsuitable for edp17's zips.

Where can I find the CM12.1 that can be installed in combination with edp17's images?
Sorry but haven't checked this topic for a while.
I think the issue is somehow that you are installing sfos as main from on your device. At least all (who reported being affected with a similar problem that you described) were trying to use sfos as the main rom.

All builds that I made, I use it as a secondary rom and everything works without a problem with that cm12.1 base.
If you'd like to use this rom, all I can advise you is to restore your main android rom, root it, install the multiroom TWRP, install kexec kernel and then you will be able to flash this cm12.1 and sfos4.0 as a secondary rom.
I don't use sfos on my hammerhead anymore and as I've put /e/ os on it so cannot test whether I can install it as the main rom. (As the device doesn't have an external SD card, it would take lots of time and effort to back up what I have on it already. I might try that but don't promise that. )

Originally Posted by OhneZ View Post
Hello, I do not know what I am doing wrong.

My N5 had Ubuntu Touch on it and I wanted to make Sailfish OS and version 3.3.x.x on it as the only system now.
TWRP 2015 is installed on me because I only want to have Sailfish.

what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help

Greetings
Steffen

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Unfortunately I missed the posts above and it looks development for the Nexus 5 basically stopped. But if anyone is interested it's still possible to get Sailfish run on the device. Here is a detailed guide (for the other base, CM13). However, as I mentioned, there seems to be not much going on on the development side.

Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
All builds that I made, I use it as a secondary rom and everything works without a problem with that cm12.1 base.
If you'd like to use this rom, all I can advise you is to restore your main android rom, root it, install the multiroom TWRP, install kexec kernel and then you will be able to flash this cm12.1 and sfos4.0 as a secondary rom.
I don't use sfos on my hammerhead anymore and as I've put /e/ os on it so cannot test whether I can install it as the main rom. (As the device doesn't have an external SD card, it would take lots of time and effort to back up what I have on it already. I might try that but don't promise that. )
I've made some time to test my final sfos build (sfos 4.0 with cm12.1 base) for the hammerhead.
True, if is installed as the main rom, it stuck on the boot logo. (Even if I flashed the kexec kernel before installing sfos.) So, it is proven that my sfos roms for the hammerhead only can be used as secondary rom.

Download link is in my signature.

Oh, and this must be installed as secondary rom in multirom. Doesn't work as stand alone install. (Sorry)

Last edited by edp17; 2022-12-07 at 12:02. Reason: Added download link

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
https://i.ibb.co/vhGrQVM/Nexus5-sfos...07-360x640.jpg

Download link is in my signature.

Oh, and this must be installed as secondary rom in multirom. Doesn't work as stand alone install. (Sorry)
thank you mate!
all we need now,us noobs,is a detailed guide on how to install latest sailfishos on our N5 using multirom.
again thanks for your time and devotion to this project.

I think if you search for how it install multirom on Nexus 5 you'll find good instructions.

To help you, here is the essence I've put together for myself:

1. Install back the stock android 6.0.1 rom as MultiRom only works with Android version 6 or less. Instruction

2. unlock boot loader. Instruction

3. Install Root: https://nexus5.gadgethacks.com/how-t...imers-0150493/
Download for root (CF-Auto-Root): CF-Auto-Root.zip

4. Install kexec kernel: (reboot into recovery and flash)
- kernel: kernel_kexec_hammerhead_601.zip
- multirom recovery: multirom-20160207-v33-hammerhead.zip

5. Install MultiRom. Instruction
- install 1.apk (multirom with UbuntuTouch repo) with adb. Instruction
- Download apk: 1-MultiROMMgr_withUT.apk (This the same 1.apk the xda site mentions, I only renamed to a meaningful name)

6. reboot into Recovery and install Sailfish as secondary rom
Install SailFish OS (Skip the Step 1: Installing cyanogenmod part, go directly to Step 2: Install Sailfish OS!): SailFish OS
- boot into recovery: Advanced -> MultiROM -> Add ROM
- Choose "SailfishOS" as ROM type.
- Choose first CyanogenMod ZIP and then SailfishOS ZIP. Click install.

I hope this helps. Good luck! (Give me a shout if you need help.)

Last edited by edp17; 2022-12-13 at 11:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid