Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Hi all,

I've flashed the new SFOS-custom.zip four times now. The first time I was able to load zzmove once by:

[root@Nexus5 cpufreq]# echo "zzmoove" > scaling_governor

Now, I rebooted and tried again:

[root@Nexus5 cpufreq]# echo "zzmoove" > scaling_governor
bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument

I've reflashed the kernel several times, all with the same result. I can't get zzmoove to load. Any ideas? Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Disregard my previous post. I fixed it by flashing the first revision back, then flashing the new one over it.

Probably just a permissions glitch on my end. Sorry!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by minimec View Post
Still... I prefer the "conservative" governor.
I preffered the powersave governor(i don't know why, but it does scale and it is not fixed at the lowest frequency), everything was working well except the stuttering of the ring tone, when you get an incomming call..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
This version has two more Conservative based governors included:

ConservativeX and Bioshock

ZIP with blu_plug
ZIP WITHOUT blu_plug

Happy testing.

I'll be testing the new stuff with conservativex and bioshock soon.

Meanwhile, I made a fix to my intermittent call issues with the microphone on my Nexus 5. Not sure if it was due to a bug or a hardware fault, but every person I called reported a bad echo from my end. Not sure if this has been discussed here before, but my fix is as follows:

remount /system rw with: devel-su mount -o rw,remount,relatime,data=ordered /system

edit /system/build.prop (I used nano). Find the following strings and replace as indicated:

persist.audio.handset.mic.type=digital (replace digital with analog)
persist.audio.dualmic.config=endfire (replace endfire with false)

Save the file and reboot your device. Echo gone, call quality improved dramatically. Enjoy!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
Not sure if it was due to a bug or a hardware fault, but every person I called reported a bad echo from my end. Not sure if this has been discussed here before!
Wow! This will be great. Yes. This has been discussed here before. This is the reason I stopped using Sailfish on my Nexus 5. I will do this and see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks a lot.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Or wait a few days, i'm going to release a new version next week.

Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Or wait a few days, i'm going to release a new version next week.
I'll wait a few days then. Thanks mautz, for your continued contributions to this wonderful community!

The Following User Says Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia

Meanwhile, I made a fix to my intermittent call issues with the microphone on my Nexus 5. Not sure if it was due to a bug or a hardware fault, but every person I called reported a bad echo from my end. Not sure if this has been discussed here before, but my fix is as follows:

remount /system rw with: devel-su mount -o rw,remount,relatime,data=ordered /system

edit /system/build.prop (I used nano). Find the following strings and replace as indicated:

persist.audio.handset.mic.type=digital (replace digital with analog)
persist.audio.dualmic.config=endfire (replace endfire with false)

Save the file and reboot your device. Echo gone, call quality improved dramatically. Enjoy!
I don't know which version of SFOS adaptation do you use. On mako, we fixed the echo and bad call quality a while ago with @ballock by hunting down a bug in libhybris. Unfortunately, it took a long time to start using this bugfix due to relatively slow merge of the PR into the upstream libhybris. So, its possible that you are using SFOS with older version (@sledges suggests that the version with fix is 0.0.5.18). To test if you are hit by the bug, try to check whether properties are read in correctly:

getprop persist.audio.fluence.voicecall

(this can be run as nemo). If you see empty line as a response you are hit by the bug! Find an updated image for N5, or ask for an update, and enjoy noise-canceling digital microphone. If you get "true" as a response, you probably have a bug in hardware.

Similar issue was in onyx as well. There, it turned out that the bug was in the settings of underlying CM base. But, if I remember correctly, N5 was OK in terms of CM settings.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post

getprop persist.audio.fluence.voicecall

(this can be run as nemo). If you see empty line as a response you are hit by the bug! Find an updated image for N5, or ask for an update, and enjoy noise-canceling digital microphone.
Hmm.. Looks like I have the buggy one. Do I need to remove and re-install SFOS with a newer image? Which image is the correct one? I am running under MultiROM.

Thanks for your help.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid