Notices

Hi all, i thought this was well worth sharing, as so many people are unhappy that Ovi Suite compatability is non-existant. I wrote a complaint to Nokia saying how unhappy I was, and this is their reply:-

Hi James,

Thank you for e-mailing the Nokia Care Contact Center. We are glad that you are interested in the Nokia N900.

Based on your concern, as of now, we are in the process of developing a software application specifically for the N900. Unfortunately, we do not have a definite time frame on when it will be released. For the meantime, we kindly ask for your patience with regards to this matter.

If you wish to synchronize your data files, you can use Nokia PC Suite instead. But please take note that you can only sync your Contacts, Calendar, Notes and Tasks.

I hope the information provided proves useful.

If you have any additional question, please don't hesitate to contact us again. To ensure proper handling of your case, kindly continue using the current subject line

Thank you very much for your email. Have a great day.

So, this appears that Ovi Suite will not be functional at all with the N900. Something new is in the making.?!?!
Another delay, another unhappy customer.
They better pull their finger out their *** soon, this is a joke.

For those interested what I wrote, this is what I sent.

To whom it may concern.
I would like to know when the Nokia PC Suite and Ovi Suite will become fully functional to use with the N900.
I spent a lot of money on this device a few months ago, but its driving me mad that I cant use the PC suite software to its full potential.
With my previous Nokia phones I found the sms messaging utility in the PC Suite a brilliant tool. I regularly use it to organize, change, delete, save, backup, restore, and create messages, and to me is a very important function, but not having the use of it with my N900 is really is disappointing.
Why has your best phone to date been released without proper software compatibility? With so much money being spent on it, I feel let down. Please put me out of my misery and tell me when your likely to have PC Suite / Ovi Suite fully working with the N900.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to james174 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
NICE! (read: Damn it Nokia!!!)

Why can't they just make even some middleware to ovi suite if the real integration to it seem so impossible (which I think it shouldn't be).

First mistake: Making their premium clients wait... and then wait some... lot more!!!

Second mistake: dividing their programming efforts and development to gazillion different programs when they should be making one King-of-all-solutions that all their devices could use to the fullest!

Third mistake: Making me frustrated and mad... O.K. this might not interest Nokia the least bit but it had to be said... :-)

\\\ezcola

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ezcola For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ezcola View Post
NICE! (read: Damn it Nokia!!!)

Why can't they just make even some middleware to ovi suite if the real integration to it seem so impossible (which I think it shouldn't be).

Second mistake: dividing their programming efforts and development to gazillion different programs when they should be making one King-of-all-solutions that all their devices could use to the fullest!

\\\ezcola
I think they realised this, thats why meego is in the making lol, but your totally right either make the software functional from the start, or make whats available reasonably worthwhile to use. most of the better functions from pc suite dont work, and ovi suite dont work at all. Not only do they stay in silence, make every update going still not work, keep everyone waiting, they go and top it off to their premium clients saying
"Nah, you lot can carry on waiting, we're working on something new altogether for you lot.
It's not a priority either as we got meego to finish off, but you can have it when its ready. When? Your guess is as good as ours"

regular bs reply from nokia

Note to admins:-
Just a thought / suggestion. As this is now proof from Nokia that there is not going to be any Ovi Suite compatability, could we make a sticky thread to notify everyone to stop awaiting an Ovi Suite update as its not going to be used with the N900???

The Following User Says Thank You to james174 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
regular bs reply from nokia
Really?

So does anyone have evidance that Ovi Suite will be used?
If so, admins please ignore my previous post before this one.

better yet, we should just advice everyone to give up waiting for anything from nokia at all. as pr 1.2 for that matter, even though its rumored for end of march, i wouldn't be surprised if we r disappointed again, and maybe many more to come.

so stop waiting, just enjoy the device while it lasts.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by james174 View Post
Nokia: "Based on your concern, as of now, we are in the process of developing a software application specifically for the N900."

You: "So, this appears that Ovi Suite will not be functional at all with the N900."
Big disconnect between those two statements. Nokia says they're developing it... so how do you extract that it won't be functional with the N900?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kazuki View Post

so stop waiting, just enjoy the device while it lasts.
The device itself is good, but it can be great!!!!!

I cant really enjoy the bloody thing if nothing fricking works for it. Without the software its as good as dead. So waiting is all we can do.

Are you not sick with iphones smug users saying "app for this, app for that" I'm sick of it, and I want so much more from this device.

Persistance overcomes resistance my friend.

I ain't giving up without a fight.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
It is annoying but why did you buy the n900 i knew the software wasnt great when i got mine but wanted it anyway.

Tags
n900, no ovi for n900, ovi