Is it possible to get the make VNC or Remote Desktop display in real dimensions while using video out.

You can use Presence VNC and zoom out, however, it makes everything unreadable, though you can navigate.

Ideally I want to replicate the Citrix environment or Motorola Atrix net-top experience.

Combining this with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse will make the N900 perfect!

What I hope to be able to do is use a Wake On Lan function to be able to wake my home pc while I'm not home but be able to plug into a tv or pc monitor and have a full desktop at hand!

looks like this is just a dream then!

set your desktop to the correct resolution (640x480 for example).
PAL and NTSC are very low resolution, so it won't ever be an ideal solution. You could also install the tv out widget. It gives a lot of controll over the N900 TV signal, could improve readability.

Ah, I see what you mean...so when the VNC logs into it should be full screen.

I might try this by setting up a separate username with the correct resolution and see how that works.

is this what youre talking about? go halfway down the page

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...347#post959347

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Just an Idea!!
I think the use of USB port would be a nice way to connect to PC and have VNC like view or environment in the computer and basically you could use mouse and keyboard from the computer itself.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
I think it may be possible. Suppose we have server on N900 and client on PC. So instead of using internet as tunnel, if we use physical USB to communicate between N900 and PC. So both way communication can be possible??

But again its just an idea as I have no basics in programming

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Server is x11vnc on n900 and tighvnc is viewer on PC. Works without any issues.

Letnoob, on that thread you linked to, isnt it talking about the other way around. ie. Seeing teh N900 screen on a pc?

I want to be able to use VNC viewer on the N900 but just output the fullscreen on a tv

Originally Posted by inzimam View Post
I want to be able to use VNC viewer on the N900 but just output the fullscreen on a tv
I think I get it. As in raise the N900's output resolution higher than 480 in order to properly fit the resolution of the server PC onto a hi-rez tv/monitor, yes?

This would be fantastic. I have my doubts on the though as the N900 only uses composite cables, among other things im sure :/