Active Topics

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ south-central Michigan, USA
New to the Fourm - greetings.

I just got my N800, and flashed it to OS2008. Prior to this, when running OS2007, if I accessed App Manager I could install both fmradio and camera. After the flash they are gone. I see that they are in the Nokia repositories, but App Manager cannot access these repositories.

I have searched for help, and have found nothing current. Can anyone offer advice about accessing the repositories OR finding these .deb files elsewhere?

Thanks much,

-tip184

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
me too!!!!!

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Ponte Vedra, FL, USA
I noticed yesterday that the Nokia Catalog and Nokia Software Updates respositories were not available. It appears that they are now so you may want to try again if uou haven't already.

EDIT: Oops...spoke too soon. It appears they're both down again?

-- Chris

Last edited by internetpilot; 2010-01-16 at 16:17.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I've been having probs for the last few days too.

Me too.
So what should we do to correct this?

Same here. Did they get moved?

apt-get tells me failure resolving repository.maemo.org and pinging from any other machine says ping request couldn't find host.
repository.maemo.org has the extras and extras devel repos it seems.
Perhaps this downtime is related to the recent server move? like a dns propagation issue?
Anyways, I really need access. So close to getting some cool python apps to run, just needed python2.5-dev.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
Yeah the repositories are down at the moment, there are a few threads on them being down and the issues.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40496 is one of them and has some info in them why they are down.

I think we're talking about 2 different things here. There's talk all over the place about maemo.org being down due to the move, but I, like the early posters, have been having similar issues accessing the Nokia catalogs from my 810 running Diablo. I'm referring to

http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/certified/

not maemo.org. Unless Maemo.org runs the same repositories, the official Nokia repos are also down, but no one seems to be talking about that.

Originally Posted by EasternPA View Post
I think we're talking about 2 different things here. There's talk all over the place about maemo.org being down due to the move, but I, like the early posters, have been having similar issues accessing the Nokia catalogs from my 810 running Diablo. I'm referring to

http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/certified/

not maemo.org. Unless Maemo.org runs the same repositories, the official Nokia repos are also down, but no one seems to be talking about that.
i could talk about that, but u already know....very strange thing: when trying to download becomeroot.install my n770 says: not enough memory on device.....
does this correlate to any server-ups-and-downs?

greets, der frank