Active Topics

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by marktold View Post
shreen also seems to unlock when you open the lens cover. This is more anying because when I slip the phone to my pocket it could start.

Regards Markus
im sure this can be turned off in mce.ini

If anything, this should be an option. it annoys the piss out of me when a device does not unlock when put on a charger.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
Screen Unlocks When Plugging USB Cable In to charge only (Not PC)

I hate this........................

Can't you change this in the settings????

This was added to the new firmware. Presumably, it fixes the issue where the N900 will sometimes not respond when the usb is plugged in.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by unkno View Post
This was added to the new firmware. Presumably, it fixes the issue where the N900 will sometimes not respond when the usb is plugged in.
Unfortunately that problem still seems to happen on mine occasionally, so I'm not sure that fix worked.

FWIW, what did work, was to install Maemo-PC Connectivity. Because it allows you to select different default states for the USB port when a cable is plugged in, it seems to have caused my N900 to notice the state change completely reliably now..

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
Unfortunately that problem still seems to happen on mine occasionally, so I'm not sure that fix worked.

FWIW, what did work, was to install Maemo-PC Connectivity. Because it allows you to select different default states for the USB port when a cable is plugged in, it seems to have caused my N900 to notice the state change completely reliably now..
have you played around to see if Maemo-PC Connectivity can fix this prob??

anyone done bug report on this yet??

thx

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
have you played around to see if Maemo-PC Connectivity can fix this prob??
If by 'this prob' you mean the screen turning on when you plug in USB, then no, I don't think Maemo-PC Connectivity would have any effect whatsoever.. It just has a function that lets you pick a default setting between Charging Only, Mass Storage, and PC Suite Mode when you plug in USB. If I recall, my screen always lights up when I plug the N900 in.

Sorry.. my other post went a bit off-topic, I suppose

That said, I will try setting up a profile that sets USB to Charging Only and let you know what I discover.