Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
Hey guys i saw a video on youtube that a guy controlling a car with his nokia n900. i also have 2 cars with frequency 40mhz. does any one help me out how to get the software or the command how do i make it run through my n900.

I would like to see this video. Do you have a link or a search criteria to find the exact video?

I think he is referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s9hp7HTbnQ

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
Originally Posted by jinnn_1989 View Post
Hey guys i saw a video on youtube that a guy controlling a car with his nokia n900. i also have 2 cars with frequency 40mhz. does any one help me out how to get the software or the command how do i make it run through my n900.
so you want to control a car but this phone cant do video call over 3G.

meh

Originally Posted by quanttrom View Post
I think he is referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s9hp7HTbnQ
i hope you not you can really beleave that video is real come on !

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
why cant we control a car when people have controlled a helicopter with nokia n900. rite?.... and this link for the video is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O4iS...layer_embedded

i saw the videos long time ago.
it would be nice, when we can drive RC/Cars with the N900

But i think the videos are fake!
Why?

When it works for real.. why there are no apps yet?

Greetz
Erazor

The Following User Says Thank You to Erazor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
This video is fake (the car often doesn't move when the phone is moved and you just see some blank terminal window on the phone) but in general this is still doable.
Youd just need to control a micro controller with BT (I already did it with an Arduino) and the Arduino can control the car (in my case a bigger real RC car and not a toy) by replacing the original RC reciever. I didn't try it together but bluetooth control via N900 is possible and RC control via Arduino is very easy.

Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by weißelstone View Post
This video is fake (the car often doesn't move when the phone is moved and you just see some blank terminal window on the phone) but in general this is still doable.
Youd just need to control a micro controller with BT (I already did it with an Arduino) and the Arduino can control the car (in my case a bigger real RC car and not a toy) by replacing the original RC reciever. I didn't try it together but bluetooth control via N900 is possible and RC control via Arduino is very easy.
but blutooth has a limit of 10m or so. So if u connect it to a reasonably fast rc car, youd lose connection to it within 2 or 3 seconds of it taking off...

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Normally I would say "that's pretty cool!".

But this is the Nokia N900 and judging by Nokia's track record:

"You can control your car but with the following limitations:

Braking wll be available in the next update.

Airbags will not be controlled by the n900 because Nokia says "it is Not our responsibility it is the manufacturer and we don't want to pay for it".

Community steps up and installs party ballons instead (inflation is done by hamster lungs).

Nokia release MeeGo version and say "use this instead".

The MeeGo version can only drive the car forward does not steer and instantly drains the battery. The braking is a proprietory app and Nokia won't help the community to fix the battery problem."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post: