Notices

news about warehouse for the jolla tablet? The first ones arrived already so...?

thx

The Following User Says Thank You to carepack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by carepack View Post
news about warehouse for the jolla tablet? The first ones arrived already so...?
As soon as my Jolla tablet will be delivered.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
As soon as my Jolla tablet will be delivered.
you already got you're shipping notification? Only to imagine how long it could take

thx

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
tablets will be shipped to russia in end december.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Does there even have to be a tablet section? Google Play does not have different sections for phones and tablets. As far as I know, there are only two differences between the Jolla phone and tablet:
  1. Screen size (including a landscape support). If you write your app in a way that is not screen size and orientation agnostic, then you are a rubbish developer and get what you deserve.
  2. CPU architecture. I say, just build your app for ARM or x86 and upload accordingly. The device will choose whichever one is appropriate.

Comparing Android APK with linux RPM, okay...

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Comparing Android APK with linux RPM, okay...
Is that all you have? OK so how about SUSE or Slackware? Do they have separate repos for PC and tablets? Or Maemo, for that matter? Is there any argument for having them separate other than the CPU arch? Choosing a random Maemo package, that does not seem to be a valid enough argument.

Please try to get more knowledge why single apk work on so many different devices and architectures, and why RPM/DEB/IPK/Whatever else can't. This is not a correct place to make you know more

Did you even bother to foillow my link? I copy it here for your convenience.
Or here is another one. Or here. In fact, almost all of them have an ARM and x86 build.

If the Warehouse client cannot cope with binaries for different targets then fix the client, not introduce dodgy workarounds like multiple repositories.

PS:
If Maemo is not good enough for you, here is a random Openrepos-style page for Ubuntu, containing two different binaries for "different devices and architectures".

Last edited by pichlo; 2015-11-23 at 11:21. Reason: Added PS instead of a new post

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
I think just some repo changes are needed to account for multiple architectures, not a whole new section

At least initially this should be IMHO enough, more could be added in case there is demand (people actually making tablet specific version of packages) - and actual tablets.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:

Tags
app store, application, awesomeness, client, harmattan, immortalmeego, repository, sailfish os