Notices

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Hi all,

I would like to know which process is starting (and restarting) intellisyncd (the daemon for Nokia Messaging).

I use Nokia Messaging, but I've noticed a couple of times that intellisyncd uses quite a lot of CPU, especially after a disconnection.

I have now added a script on /etc/network.d/ifdown.d to kill it (it is restarted automatically), so everything works OK, and intellisyncd is "relaxed" when restarted.

But I'd be interested in finding a way to kill it completely when disconnected from the network, and then have it start automatically when I'm connected.

I did some grep'ing here and there (mainly /etc/init.d), but I can't seem to find who/where it's starting. Any ideas?

Nevermind. I found it on /etc/event.d (got to get used to upstart..)

I'll see if I can remove it from there and start/stop it when connected/disconnected.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Hi, Did you find a solution to this other than removing nokia messaging? I'm getting high CPU usage of intellisyncd on disconnect (via the autodisconnect app).

I still use Nokia Messaging. The process is always active, but by killing (restarting) it after each disconnection it seems to behave well.. at least for the last few months (i.e. since November 2011).

So for me it's not an issue anymore, although I might still investigate if I can kill it completely and restart it only when a new connection is established. Shouldn't be that hard.