I couldn't get into HTC HD2 and HTC Nexus One. It feel so cram in when using HTC after few months of using N900. HTC desire seems to be the same. Therefore, I will skip on it.

I guess, I'm a maemo guy now instead of Andriod.

Not to criticize anyone's choices (and the Desire is one of the handsets I am considering for my Christmas upgrade), but people should wait a bit and see the new Symbian launch (and supposedly Harmattan is coming this year too). In fact, due to everything happening in this year in the mobile market, I would advise everyone to wait for Christmas...

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Have to agree with you on the new HTC phones, looks really nice.
Shame on them for the low amount of RAM though...

Seriously enjoy my N900 and at this point Nokia don't have to offer anything better.

Thats their problem, tried the X6 (as a backup phone) and it just falls flat on its face compared to the new HTC phones.

I need a 2nd phone since I feel the 900 is kind of sluggish at times and battery time is still a joke.
Yes im using 3g and wlan alot, thats why I got the 900 in the first place, for online computer stuff.

Wishing the 900 will turn into the beast I dream of during this year.
Enjoy you new phone

Last edited by Modell900; 2010-04-12 at 22:10.

Based on my current price estimates, ($650 vs $500), I would expect the Desire to be 30% better than the N900 (unless some deal-breaker is involved).

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by dread123 View Post
i debating wether to purchase a desire??

been getting some good reviews and can be rooted to for custom roms etc
I like Android and the integrated maps, Google voice search, gallery media app, Shopsavvy, Shazam, etc, but the Desire has some issues for me:

1. No keyboard- emulators and game ports are about useless
2. Only Mp4 codec support (Android issue- not the device)
3. Like Droid and Nexus, you must remove the battery to get to the microsd (lame).

If Verizon (bailing from Tmo- coverage sux where I live) makes a device like the N900 (keyboard, 32gb bulit in, great sound amp) I will buy it in a nano' second

BTW, Verizon US is releasing the "Incredible" in a few weeks-ish with a few upgrades over desire:

1. 64mb more ram
2. 8gb built in media storage (better than nothing)
3. 8mp camera with (apparently) a decent image capture speed
4. Last but no least, the microsd is accessible without removing the battery

Still no keyboard

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-04-12 at 22:32.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
I'll keep my N900 until a phone with better browser with qwerty keyboard, 1ghz, plus more than 32 gb storage and as beaut iful as maemo5 OS. also a community better than maemo.org.... .

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I like Android and the integrated maps, Google voice search, gallery media app, Shopsavvy, Shazam, etc, but the Desire has some issues for me:

1. No keyboard- emulators and game ports are about useless
2. Only Mp4 codec support (Android issue- not the device)
3. Like Droid and Nexus, you must remove the battery to get to the microsd (lame).

If Verizon (bailing from Tmo- coverage sux where I live) makes a device like the N900 (keyboard, 32gb bulit in, great sound amp) I will buy it in a nano' second

BTW, Verizon US is releasing the "Incredible" in a few weeks-ish with a few upgrades over desire:

1. 64mb more ram
2. 8gb built in media storage (better than nothing)
3. 8mp camera with (apparently) a decent image capture speed
4. Last but no least, the microsd is accessible without removing the battery

Still no keyboard
I wonder if there will ever be a device that fits everything I desire. Nokia has the hardware (though it could use about a 4 inch screen and combine the accuracy of resistive with the finger friendliness of capacitative) and sufficient openness of the OS (though I still wish more things were open). But Android has the apps and the future as the dominating platform in the future. If only the two of them would combine. *sigh*

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I wonder if there will ever be a device that fits everything I desire. Nokia has the hardware (though it could use about a 4 inch screen and combine the accuracy of resistive with the finger friendliness of capacitative) and sufficient openness of the OS (though I still wish more things were open). But Android has the apps and the future as the dominating platform in the future. If only the two of them would combine. *sigh*
Don't understimate Symbian. It is fully open source now and still powers more handsets than every other mobile OS combined. As I keep saying, people should wait for the end of this year...

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following User Says Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
Don't understimate Symbian. It is fully open source now and still powers more handsets than every other mobile OS combined. As I keep saying, people should wait for the end of this year...
Does that mean that signed code restriction is gone now?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Thanks for the informative and nonconfrontational write-up.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:

Tags
the herd is thinning, we prune in the fall