Good day to all!
There is a problem:
There is N9, which, after changing the SIM card, began to demand the "Security Code". After reading a bit of forums, I found out that the problem can be caused by the program Track & Protect, and maybe not only to it.
Tell me how you can get rid of this disease.
Judging by the comments, even a flashing does not really help.
In fact, the main question is whether it is possible to solve the problem of firmware without a programmer, by improvised means (USB, PC).

P.S. Interestingly, a lot of such topics exist and none of them have an answer, except for indirect ones.

The Following User Says Thank You to Syntrax For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I don't know about Track&Protect, that was a solution based on some external provider doing the tracking, a bit like Prey but as I understand an idea that was broken from the beginning and in any case not working for years any more...

In phone settings you can define that if simcard is changed the device will complain and refuse to use another card unless security code is given, this is basic security functionality present in all phones from the dumbest to smartest I think.

You can get rid of that by reflashing the device so that security code is resetted.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: