Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by att View Post
I have you enabled the Developer mode and Remote connect and set a password? Also is your Jolla in a network that allows incoming TCP connections from other networks/hosts?

And are you using right username for SSH connection: nemo
I didn't noticed that the username was nemo.
Thanks for your help.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Samsung (F2FS creator) is enought big in the market of gadgets to include a driver for F2FS and convince other sellers to do the same. I hope they make that movemement.
Yes but still people use Windows on desktop/laptops and as we know Microsoft is anti open.

Is there a way to calibrate battery? My phone just shut off and displays the "connect to charger" pic and when I plug it back in, it says 49% battery left.

The Following User Says Thank You to keimol For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Yes but still people use Windows on desktop/laptops and as we know Microsoft is anti open.
I have always wondered why... windows is really uninteresting except as a gaming platform, possibly, and for those people I'd say it's cheaper and more convenient to get a console device.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
I can't see Apple picking up a Samsung derived filesystem ... Which leaves us back at exFAT.

Jolla aren't going to get away from having to support it at some point IMHO if the two main mainstream OSs use it. What else are they going to do? Ship ext4 or btrfs drivers for Mac and Windows in the box and hope Apple don't screw around with filesystem support between OS releases?

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by gsalone View Post
And how would one reformat an SDXC card to ext4 format using windows OS?
You can use MiniTool Partition Wizard, it can format to ext2/3/4. Don't know how well it will work with drivers for SD readers, but works just fine with USB sticks and such so it shouldn't be a problem.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I have always wondered why... windows is really uninteresting except as a gaming platform, possibly, and for those people I'd say it's cheaper and more convenient to get a console device.
A ton of legacy software and hardware support you just don't get on Linux (and Mac, tho to me it's even more baffling why would anyone get a Mac) without jumping through hoops, if even possible. Also a matter of convenience, especially for lame persons.

Despite my general aversion towards all things Microsoft - Windows IS a solid OS and, well, it just works. Except when it doesn't, but...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post:
Just received my Jolla this week and I've been playing around with it for a while now. I really enjoy the phone, OS and its' UI and the overall experience of the system! There are still some odd gaps that would be great to see filled. Here are some random initial thoughts that I'd still like to see:
  • Native Facebook application (now when clicking on a notification it takes user to touch.facebook.com...?)
  • 1Password application (seriously, adding my user accounts from other services was frustrating without the 1Password copy-pasting)
  • Change background image placement when creating Ambiences
  • Terminal keyboard layout/colouring does not follow Sailfish OS's UI at all. Why is there no consistency here?
  • No Google Calendar support?
  • Spotify crashes every now and then while listening to music.
  • No Pebble app yet. (Rockwatch under development?)

But still, it's a work-in-progress! I'm looking forward to future updates and brand-new apps from skilled Sailfish devs.

Last edited by casl; 2013-12-14 at 14:39.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to casl For This Useful Post:
In my contacts application the people without a picture have their name written in the box..

The Following User Says Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
In my contacts application the people without a picture have their name written in the box..
Interesting. On my phone they are not. Looks like gotta do some debugging. Thanks for sharing this I'll take it off the list as it seems this is some kind of weird glitch I'm having trouble with.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Åbo, Finland
What is the recommendation for a filebrowser/manager? The android file managers I've tried will only show the sd-card.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience