Keep your eye on Pronvit's Webkit engine. When you are more advanced or there is a more newbie friendly way to install, you should try it out

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
Does this over-sensitivity issue hark back to early observations about the screen calibration being both positional and well as force-limited?

When I first got my N800 I do delicately "touched" the calibration targets that the touchscreen seems way too sensitive.

After calibrating it with a more assertive force, it seems just right to me.

Posts: 542 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ 52 N, 6 E
Originally Posted by rdcinhou View Post
After calibrating it with a more assertive force, it seems just right to me.
What do you mean with 'assertive force' ? Click harder ?

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Switzerland
Some times ago I wrote a method to enable JavaScript selectively on some sites:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=24405

It REALLY makes a difference...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lbalogh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 111 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
It's worth mentioning that performance is better on mobile-optimized sites.
See http://cantoni.mobi/

The Following User Says Thank You to jpramlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
i think nokia should give echowb and the incresed font sizes as explained in another thread as default. scrolling with a finger using the narrow side bar is impossible and so is reading the very small letters which come by default

The Following User Says Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Chris1051 View Post
it is a bit slower because it is loading content. ( I really wish it had ad blocking technology )so it doesnt load all these stupid ads bogging down
I used to use the AdBlock plugin, but haven't been able to get it to work since upgrading to Diablo. Now I use Privoxy running on the tablet, and I'm very happy with it. One the one hand, it's a pain to configure. On the other hand, someone has already gone through the pain and made his rules available at http://www.neilvandyke.org/privoxy-r...vandyke.action. On the gripping hand, he's abandoned it sometime in the past two months and is no longer updating his rule set.

Originally Posted by jpramlak View Post
It's worth mentioning that performance is better on mobile-optimized sites.
See http://cantoni.mobi/
Sorry, but l didn't buy this thing to look at mobile versions of sites. I would buy a smartphone or use my 5 year old Axim to do that. This thing should be able to handle full versions of websites flawlessly or they should rename it to a PDA, not an "internet" tablet.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Even when a site utilizes 500k of javascripts? My desktop at work has difficulties handling that load, let alone a small tablet with a 400 MHz processor...

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
What website? And, more important, how long is "forever"?
The sites I use on a regular basis load almost instantly. (One exception is internettablettalk.com, but it loads slow on my laptop, too, because of its exceptionally bad HTML.)

I went to cnn.com, sportsline.com gmail.com. I have to say, after more testing, the Nokia connects to websites very slowly, then once it connects it will instantly display the page, but then sit there loading everything, showing the "Loading X/X". So, even though the site is displayed, you can't actually do anything until everything is loaded. I can turn off loading images/flash/javascript, but it kind of defeats the purpose of buying the "internet" tablet.

Is there anyway to increase the size of the scrollbars? I have a hardtime clicking on them, since its right up against the screen.

I'm thinking my expectations were off with this thing. I was expecting it to handle the full versions of websites, save for some very messy coded sites. It seems it's more made for mobile sites and less bandwidth intensive sites, which I could just use my Axim for, plus get the video power of the Axim.