Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Put yourself in somebody else's shoes. Do you really think it's "fun" for the people who worked on the theme to come here to lots of complaining? Or fun for people who would rather be doing productive things to have to look at all the complaining?

Fun for you isn't necessarily fun for everybody.
Part of the reason minimalist theme was never finish in first place was I didn't feel my work was liked that well. Now on my thread to improve it I'm getting attacked for changing color schemes like the gray and orange was my idea(btw I like the gray and orange).

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
I miss the mouse-over 1st post extract.

RE: the orange and grey?....now it looks like a thousand other blogs out there.

I *DO* like the active topics sidebar though and it *IS* "finger-friendly".

*** postscript: I don't miss the overly large and "retro" banner title on the old format.

Andrew, I wouldn't say "attacked"... I would say "pleaded with", as people see you as providing an alternative to the new maemo theme, not quite realising yet that you aren't free to do so :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Yes for me.

Can you give examples? Theme changes don't count (the theme was designed by a member of the community, implemented on talk by Reggie etc.) Moderators are drawn from the community (who've volunteered). This is no more a Nokia product forum now than it was in October 2005.
maemo.org header?
new sub-forum structure?
where is newbie sub-forum?

But try this. Take some before and after screen shots; show them to some person who is not involved; ask them to compare the forums; and have them say what they see. I think you will also get the response that they are different forums.

Forums are like people - they have a personality and a feel to them. Just like you can't transplant an organ from one person to another and claim that they are the same person because they have the same guts. This forum will be different because it will have the maemo.org feel to it instead of the more open itt feel.

Some scenarios:
[*]Nokia somehow get themselves more moderators, and then start stamping down hard on threads critcial of them/deleting posts.
should be more like "maemo.org somehow get themselves more moderators, and then start stamping down hard on posts critical of them"

Yes, we've now got moderators; and yes, they're still figuring out the best way of doing it. But they're not Nokia sponsored, they're giving up their time to do it for free and we - as a forum - have been asking Reggie for moderators since I joined back in October 2005.
How many mods have been appointed who were active in the forum, but who are not active in maemo.org? That would be the cooperative thing to do to show that you respect the interests of other forum members who are not maemo.org centric.

maemo.org has a plan and you're executing on it. Fine, and perhaps that's even what you should do to support the OS. But it's the pretense that you're not changing the forum which deserves the criticism it has received.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The sight definitely doesn't flow the same way as the prior - it'll take some time getting used to.

However the retina-burn from the brightness over the prior iteration of ITT though; I'll cope. But dang it's bright now.

I have been changing font colors, link colors, and stuff. The darker orange and darker fonts I think makes a huge difference.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
How many mods have been appointed who were active in the forum, but who are not active in maemo.org? That would be the cooperative thing to do to show that you respect the interests of other forum members who are not maemo.org centric.

maemo.org has a plan and you're executing on it. Fine, and perhaps that's even what you should do to support the OS. But it's the pretense that you're not changing the forum which deserves the criticism it has received.
you make it sound like maemo.org was some barbarian army that won a battle against the itt crowd. maemo.org is what we call the community of people who care about internet tablets and Maemo. http://www.maemo.org is a website that helps them keep in touch, exchange information etc.

maemo.org isn't "them". it's you. you're part of it, like it or not. when maemo.org makes a decision, you're invited to take part in the discussion and offer your opinion. they don't exclude anybody. you only have to do it at the right time, when they all discuss it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
The darker orange and darker fonts I think makes a huge difference.
I agree, the darker orange is better on the eyes! Also, I still monitor this forum about 9 hours per day - Monday through Friday.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Except that they discussed the look of a site maemo.org, why would a user of the site internettablettalk.com involve herself in a discussion of a sit she does not use? Nobody said that internettablettalk.com will also be made to look like that. In all the "mockups", there was not a single forum page.

Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Except that they discussed the look of a site maemo.org, why would a user of the site internettablettalk.com involve herself in a discussion of a sit she does not use? Nobody said that internettablettalk.com will also be made to look like that. In all the "mockups", there was not a single forum page.
It was actually formally announced late last year: http://www.internettablettalk.com/20...-talkmaemoorg/

"So, what does this mean? Well basically, the itT forums will become talk.maemo.org by early next year. The discussions will be carried over, the forum features will be retained, the forum look will change, moderators and admins will be added, the ads will be removed, and will still run on the same fast server you have all been enjoying for several years now."

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post: