Closed Thread
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ lebanon
I will be glad to donate also. The best way to say thank you and to encourage them for their hard work.

Also can help with 5 languages: Arabic, French, Italian, spanish and chinese. Obviously english is not needed...

The Following User Says Thank You to ADRENALINE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 50 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stuttgart, Germany
really happy to read about the progress. Great work from all of u devs!

I could help with the German translation aswell, just PM me and I'll be glad to help anytime.

medri

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Andromeda Galaxy
thank you guys...you guys did a amazing job so far..As for the people who can not write any form of code..(and don't understand) these things take time..Once again guys GREAT Job!!!!!

Keep up the good work!

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kuwait
Hi TGalal

Am from Kuwait, and am actually also a Qt developer

I would like to congrats you on this and looking forward for something on my N950 ;p

Have a nice days
مع السلامة

Originally Posted by dcastrog View Post
well, in my opinion a plugin looks like a cleaner option for MeeGo/Harmattan, but the "received message" confirmation is a core feature of whatsapp, something that might only be achieved with the stand alone app. I will use either app
Please note that there is support for a "received message" popup, but not an icon. This popup is turned off by default, however. You can find it by opening the Conversation App (not just an IM or SMS conversation), opening the app menu, going to Options or Settings (whichever is the translation, it's called 'instellingen' in Dutch) and turn the feature on.

This is a small argument for a telepathy plugin, but tgalal already mentioned his plans for that plugin if I'm not mistaken.

Tgalal, what language are you writing this app in? And I heard that the hashing of the password happens at the client side, that opens the door to user-chosen passwords? (just checking, there has been some mentioning of this). Did you take a look at code which implements a non simcard way? I'm not too fond of some company having my mobile phone number... There has been some mentioning about privacy issues regarding Whatsapp, especially regarding the sending of the entire contacts database. How will you cope with that?

I'm looking forward to the app, but looking even more forward to the telepathy plugin. I wish I could help Placing the code on some repository opens the door to help, but of course that leads to all kinds of unwanted side-effects (such as an other publishing the app and what not) so I respect and understand your decision.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jarige For This Useful Post:
Looking forward to the release. Keep up the good work. I can help with the Swedish translation if needed.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
dont wait for another chat called BBM--make a wish*

Great project! I see there are already some volunteers, but I can help too with the italian translation.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Germany
Great work, guys!
Let me know when you need help with a german translation.

Edit: Oopsie, just read the dev is from germany himself Let me know when you need help in another way. And yes, I would donate / pay for the app!

Last edited by blackwinged; 2012-03-20 at 08:15.

Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls