Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Does anyone know how to change keyboard layouts for USB keyboards connected using OTG (on devices that support it)?

I have a Thinkpad USB keyboard that works really well with my Fairphone 2, but many of the special characters are mapped to the wrong keys.

As a side note, I was pleasantly surprised that the on-screen keyboard disappears when a USB keybaord is connected.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
boston.qmap?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the hint

Is that supposed to be in /usr/share/qt5/keymaps/ ? I only have droid.qmap.

The only info i can find about boston.qmap is to do with TOHKBD, am i right in thinking that the on screen keyboard is handled completely separately (maliit) to physical keyboards, and I'll be able to change physical keyboard settings without messing up maliit?

The Following User Says Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
If I remember correctly changing physical keyboard settings requires rebooting the device (and/or restarting Qt) ie. there is no way to change it on the fly.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
That's fine by me, sounds like something I'll only have to do once since I'll only be using one physical keyboard.

What exactly do I need to change though? Do I need to create boston.qmap, or edit droid.qmap, or something else?

The Following User Says Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:

Tags
fairphone 2, layout, sailfish, usb otg