Been a few days so double posting:

This is untested on the cm12.1 base at least, but it came up thanks to BluesLee finding another bug. Anyone who has issues with apns not sticking after reboot on the latest build, do: devel-su chown -R radio:radio /var/lib/ofono
Then reboot and try setting and rebooting again.

I'm in the middle of sfdroid stuff right now. krnlyng, nh1402, and I have got cm12.1 sfdroid booting and running (well even). Issues so far: no audio. On switching out of sfdroid and going back, the screen is black...tap screen once or twice and it will come back to android. Probably a lot more.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by RealJohnGalt View Post
Anyone who has issues with apns not sticking after reboot on the latest build, do: devel-su chown -R radio:radio /var/lib/ofono
Then reboot and try setting and rebooting again.
It looks like it saves the change now.
Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
People doing new installs: until a better solution is found (or until the next sfos release when reflashes matter less), please use the cm12.1 build now linked in http://piratepad.net/bhP8fbzYgT . We've hit some issues with snapshots not matching up with cm tagging (for instance YOGP4 tag not matching up with YOGP4**** snapshots).

btw (ignore the lack of signal, not using this device due to dev)

Last edited by RealJohnGalt; 2016-07-06 at 00:53.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Vicenza, Italy
I'm already on cm12.1, have I to do something? Upgrade, reinstall or something else?

Inviato dal mio Sony Z5

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akira.pwr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by akira.pwr View Post
I'm already on cm12.1, have I to do something? Upgrade, reinstall or something else?

Inviato dal mio Sony Z5
For now: wait . If we *absolutely* need to do fresh installs, this won't be a big issue in a future sfos release due to better backup support.

Edit: fixed one crash in cm12.1 sfdroid (was fixed on cm11 sfdroid), and have been trying to get it to crash for awhile now (using android apps mainly), with no luck. Sure still issues (card is always black due to render issue, need to tap on the screen after sfos app switch to display android, and no audio), but no more crashes I've been able to create .

Edit2: After many issues attempting to update the piratepad, and users reporting regular downtime, I decided to make a new thread for cm12.1 base and sfdroid testing until sfdroid is stable enough to replace the cm11.0 base.

Last edited by RealJohnGalt; 2016-07-07 at 18:30.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Today I have been extensively testing my new Hammerhead port of SFOS 2.0.2.48
I managed to finally build a good image with help from the people on #sailfishos-porters.

I am now planning to use this as my daily device, as pretty much most of the stuff I need seems to work well.

Up to now I have found just 3 things that need some attention;
  • 1.) GPS is very slow to lock on. The device sees a full constellation of satellites, however it takes almost 10 minutes before position data starts to flow. Really mystifying thing.
  • 2.) The voice call quality on my BT headset is poor, really noisy and clipping. Pretty odd as both cutespot and nettiradio output beautiful and clear sound.
  • 3.) The Call Recorder by @dpurgin did not work out-of-the-box. Seems I need to look into that a bit deeper.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
  • 1.) GPS is very slow to lock on. The device sees a full constellation of satellites, however it takes almost 10 minutes before position data starts to flow. Really mystifying thing
Isn't this the normal behaviour without A-GPS? It should go faster if you use it more often.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Isn't this the normal behaviour without A-GPS? It should go faster if you use it more often.
I think it should rather be so, that without A-GPS it does not even see the satellites. In my case it sees a lot of satellites but still gets no position.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
No, mautz is right. It takes "up to" 12.5 minutes to get the first lock in the full view of at least 4 satellites. From my experience, I have to add, "in ideal circumstances". It may take well in the region of 20 minutes in real life.

This is about any GPS device. I had the same experience with my N900, my portable car navigation TomTom, a GPS Bluetooth "mouse" or my GPS watch. When you move far (read: more than a few km) from you last position, it may take that long. If you move just a little, the last known position is used as a rough guide and the satellites only to increase the accuracy. Then it takes only a few seconds. A-GPS plays exactly the same role.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Well, if you are right then I am just missing the AGPS parts in my port. Excellent, it makes this a lot easier to start debugging!

BTW, in my general understanding, usually GPS runs by black magic. I remember trying to decipher how it works on N9, and it turnend out to be such a hairball I lost all my hair trying to understand it!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: