Hi All,

I have searched for this on the forums but nothing came up that really answered my question.

I recently set myself up a Skype account so I can IM and call some of my friends.

I was basically wondering if videochat is on the cards to be included in the firmware at some point? Or if it were possible to integrate via a third party app but still have it integrate nicely with the Contacts App, like it all does now?

Many thanks,
Dexter

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
If its in the cards? only Nokia or the Maemo dev team could answer that, but i beleive they might add it.

I don't have my N900 yet, and have yet to look at the SDK much, but I do beleive that an addon could be written for easy integration of third party video chat functions into the current programs. Alteast other applications support such 3rd party pluggins.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Is it in the cards? Perhaps. But I suspect that Fring might be first to bring Skype video to the N900 - they did it for the iPhone, why not?

There is now Jabber video chat read here and that does open up the possibility for it to come to Skype. And that... is something I also want.

But to answer... not yet. In the cards? Very likely. But not yet confirmed.

Tags
n900, skype, videochat