Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Finland
Hello,
i know nothing about smartphones or software or anything like that. But i was told that if i updated Maemo 5 on my Nokia N900 it was gonna run better and i was gonna get more applications on it and stuff. so i did update maemo 5. it took like an hour and afterwards there was all of a sudden new problems with my phone, these are the ones i have noticed:

1. it doesnt save any messages, only if i keep the conversation open or hidden, but not if i close it completely.
2. it doesnt save any calls in my "recent calls-list". and sometimes it doesnt even tell me if i missed a call.
3. i can no longer make skype calls, but i can recieve them. when i try to make a call with skype i can hear it calling but in the end it says the other phone is "busy" but they havent even gotten a call from me.
4. skype video call appeared on the phone when i updated maemo(yay!) but it's not always there, if i wanna make a video call i have to restart the phone first.

there are many good things that came along after the update, like video calls, new applications, download updates and new options with, for example, the camera. and thats why i didnt uninstall maemo again cause i wanted to see if there is a way i can fix these peoblems...!?

So have this happened to anyone else or am i the only one? If anyone recognizes these problems, could you PLEASE tell me if there is anything i can do!? oh and also, if u respond to this, please use understandable language and not super HighTec language?
thanks in advance

Posts: 429 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dubai
i dont know about the skype since i dont use it but you must flash your phone
for me the log disappears but i manage to get it back after a reboot and that i can live with
but if you dont like that then all you need is to just simply reflash

Thank you for respnding! Im going to sound like a n idiot, but HOW do i reflash it? as i said, i dont know anything about technology...

this might helphttp://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware
its kind of simple
if you still didn't understand tell me

or if your using windows then this is what you need http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

Last edited by bakuur; 2010-09-06 at 15:27. Reason: added a link

okay. so i can do that... i do it on my laptop with my phone connected to it?? i have linux on the N900 so then i use the linux one even if i have windows on my laptop?? Im not sure if i'll be able to do this, a lot of words i dont understand. i'll try though, thanks for your help.

okay step by step
start from this part in the link i provided above
"Windows
N900
Updating the firmware using the Nokia Software Updater
Microsoft Windows users who wish to update their N900 can use the Nokia Software Updater (aka NSU), or use the Flasher (see section below).

The Nokia Software ............................."

what you will use is the maemo flasher
the link is provided there

and follow the steps after which goes as command nd the way to shut down your fone and then switching on the phone while holding the U key
its really simple honestly

a note: what windows are you using ? is it 32bit or 64bit ??
if you dont know how to get that info then just simply right click on the my computer icon and click properties
the info will be provided
the reason i ask is because 64bit systems have problem reflashing the phone

and if you need furthur help then im still around and if i reply late try searching Youtube

Tags
maemo 5, noika n900, problem, skype