Notices

Hi,

Currently im facing a problem to find an application which supports the maps offline?? though i installed some applications already on my N900 doesn't seem to work offline. i dont have 3G connection avialable iam using the GPRS which supports the speed of 0.23Mb/s . Even if i connect through GPRS

Currently i have installed the followind applications in my N900
1. AGTL(Advacned Geo Coaching Tool Linux)
2. Mappero
3. Ovi Maps
4. OpenStreet Maps
But none of them does not seem to work through offline, or using GPRS. But using WIFI it worksfine.

so are there any other applcations available which will support the offline maps?

I cant see skype present in my mobile?? And i'm from INDIA will it available only in some countries??But N900 specs says that Skype is preloaded..

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by madhu.infos View Post
Hi,

Currently im facing a problem to find an application which supports the maps offline?? though i installed some applications already on my N900 doesn't seem to work offline. i dont have 3G connection avialable iam using the GPRS which supports the speed of 0.23Mb/s . Even if i connect through GPRS

Currently i have installed the followind applications in my N900
1. AGTL(Advacned Geo Coaching Tool Linux)
2. Mappero
3. Ovi Maps
4. OpenStreet Maps
But none of them does not seem to work through offline, or using GPRS. But using WIFI it worksfine.

so are there any other applcations available which will support the offline maps?

I cant see skype present in my mobile?? And i'm from INDIA will it available only in some countries??But N900 specs says that Skype is preloaded..
Second ModRana.

And, Skype is preloaded.
Settings->VoIP and IM accounts->Skype

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
skype is not preinstalled on devices from india, but you can download it for free at the ovi store.
it is the same version as the other devices have preinstalled.
I've used Sygic Mobile Maps 10 for offline navigation. Now another product from Sygic.

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the quick replies dowloaded modRana, and skype from ovi store. I do have one more question with my default GPRS, when i try to use conversations i could not able to login either to gmail or yahoo. But with the same connection i can open gmail or yahoo from the browser and do the chat from there. I'm facing the same problem with pidgin. But both seems to work fine with WIFI.

So wats the real problem with the conversations (Pidgin), is it the internet connection speed or any settings needs to be updated.

Last edited by madhu.infos; 2010-11-20 at 18:42.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Ovi Maps *do* work offline. You have to download the areas you're interested in.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:

Tags
navigation, skype