Active Topics

Poll: Did PR 1.3 meet YOUR PERSONAL EXPECTATIONS???
Poll Options
Did PR 1.3 meet YOUR PERSONAL EXPECTATIONS???

Originally Posted by slender View Post
So you ignored totally link to talk maemo rules?
Whole point of this forum is totally something different than giving straight feedback to Nokia. Trying to give it here is just not effective and itīr regarded as noise.

Any company that blindly monitors some enthusiastic users community is dumb. Only way to dig up meaningless information is by different ways and the most important way that management uses is the questionnaires. Also questionnaires do not give accurate feedback if the mass is not critical. Things are not simple as they might look like (This might be surprise to people who tend to think that blogs what they watch are right about mind-share and trends) Never trust anyone or anything until you get hard figures and numbers.

So I would advise people to put their rage to bugzilla voting and bug reporting. Better ways of giving feedback would be Nokia conversations, Nokia care, Nokia dicsussions, own blog, own facebook, own twitter or all combined.
I did in my Own Post, and again it is not a complaint
consider it part of a newspaper that you are not interested in, why would you read it and then say , Ohhh i get nervous of this part?!
just pass it

The Following User Says Thank You to mhamza For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
You can't polish a turd.
Actually, in fact, you can.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by mhamza View Post
I did in my Own Post, and again it is not a complaint
consider it part of a newspaper that you are not interested in, why would you read it and then say , Ohhh i get nervous of this part?!
just pass it
This is like the editorial page of the newspaper and I like to read comments that bash the editor.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by slender View Post
So you ignored totally link to talk maemo rules?
I read the rules before they were posted. It seems to me that the spirit of the rules suggests that calling someone "assclown" is not permitted, but the moderators didn't rebuke me or you about it. I learned it from you! Now I can use it all the time!

Sure, any company that "blindly" does anything is dumb. You put the conclusion in the premise there...

My wife is very disappointed that it can't play the files on my-home-tv.com which are macedonian tv shows, which run perfectly in real player in windows and vlc in linux. doesn't work on n900 in vlc or in the default media player, with the extra codecs support.

I fed her the "it can double as a laptop for you too its really not a phone" line when I was buying it, yet we can't really do everything a "real" computer can do.

I am happy I guess that nokia did a release though I have personally not noticed any better battery or smoothness. however my expectations were very low so it was hard to be let down.

The Following User Says Thank You to extendedping For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I read the rules before they were posted. It seems to me that the spirit of the rules suggests that calling someone "assclown" is not permitted, but the moderators didn't rebuke me or you about it. I learned it from you! Now I can use it all the time!
And yet, we also can't call you SIR Geneven because it's illegal in the UK!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
And yet, we also can't call you SIR Geneven because it's illegal in the UK!
why am I not getting tired to this one allready? it means for me spontaneous laughter every time sir is mentioned in this forum
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
why am I not getting tired to this one allready? it means for me spontaneous laughter every time sir is mentioned in this forum
Yes, sir! OOPS! I mean.. yes, ossipena.
I know.. I know. I couldn't help bringing it back up when I saw that opening.

Whats the average cpu usage when your device is in idle ?
Mine is always around 15% since I updated to PR1.3. And even at 15%> it don't really clocks down to 250 Mhz and stays at 900Mhz.
With PR1.2 everything was working fine.

Last edited by NokiaRocks; 2010-10-29 at 10:12.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
My wife is very disappointed that it can't play the files on my-home-tv.com which are macedonian tv shows, which run perfectly in real player in windows and vlc in linux. doesn't work on n900 in vlc or in the default media player, with the extra codecs support.

I fed her the "it can double as a laptop for you too its really not a phone" line when I was buying it, yet we can't really do everything a "real" computer can do.

I am happy I guess that nokia did a release though I have personally not noticed any better battery or smoothness. however my expectations were very low so it was hard to be let down.
Do it with Knots.. it will use your computer to play it. Actually you could play what ever you have on the computer. It uses the VLC on your computer to stream to the n900.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Tags
fanbois cry, harsh reality, head splitting, noob noise, qt and bugfixes, rraaggee!!!, shitter thread, waaaaahhh