Tbh all we've done is piece together other people's work and filled in some gaps. If you want to do something, show your friends and colleagues how awesome Rockpool has got in such a short time because of the great support of open source and open protocols by Sailfish and Pebble, and everyone who's contributed and encouraged. This is how it's supposed to work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Pebble apparently laying off 1/4 of staff:

http://www.techinsider.io/pebble-layoffs-2016-3

We know how to pick em, don't we?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
Tbh all we've done is piece together other people's work and filled in some gaps.
Awesome nevertheless

But now you attract noobs like me, still sitting on 2.9.1 FW using pebble steel and pebbled with the growing question if it is already beneficial to upgrade to time FW and use rockpool?

Could someone wrap up a short "ceo summary" of what is working and what not? Maybe edit into the first post?
I heard it is not possible to downgrade back to non-time FW, so it would be cool to know before "loosing features" by simply trying out.

Any idea of how i could contribute without any qml but some console skills? Is the upgrade/install process already documented "noob friendly" comes to mind?

Last edited by mosen; 2016-03-24 at 06:57.

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Awesome nevertheless
Yeah, just making it clear that I wouldn't be comfortable taking donations for what's largely other people's work.

But now you attract noobs like me, still sitting on 2.9.1 FW using pebble steel and pebbled with the growing question if it is already beneficial to upgrade to time FW and use rockpool?
Could someone wrap up a short "ceo summary" of what is working and what not? Maybe edit into the first post?
I heard it is not possible to downgrade back to non-time FW, so it would be cool to know before "loosing features" by simply trying out.
Yep, good idea. I don't want to be too encouraging until we've had some more testing though - we've already had someone stuck on recovery firmware, but luckily he was handy enough to get himself out of it.

I don't think you lose any features right now if you upgrade. There may be some apps that work in pebbled but not Rockpool yet. Needs more testing.

Any idea of how i could contribute without any qml but some console skills? Is the upgrade/install process already documented "noob friendly" comes to mind?
That sounds great. You can never have enough testing nor docs.

Last edited by abranson; 2016-03-24 at 10:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
I don't think you lose any features right now if you upgrade.
That is encouraging enough for me!
Will try it and report.

Two watchfaces for weather watchers (or just British people , both working well with Rockpool.

Hourly Forecast 3 - hourly weather information for the next 6 hours, optionally including temp, precipitation, windspeed / direction, UV, humidity, pressure... (though you're limited in what you can fit on the face at any time).

Forecaswatch - [note the missing 't'] Hourly for 12 hours, including temperature, UV, precipitation, but unfortunately no windspeed. Overview (in the form of a calendar with coloured dots) for the following 9 days.

Last edited by MikeHG; 2016-03-28 at 20:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
After a reset to factory setting of my Pebble I like to sync again with my Jolla. Pebbled displays me "Your firmware is too old to support SDKv2 applications".

My Jolla is running 2.0.2.51, Pebbled app v1.6-1, Watch Firmware 2.9.1.
The Jolla is connected to my Pebble Steel. I did a factory
reset on the watch, with the watch waiting to be bind to
a Pebble app.

Hope anyone can help.

Pebbled is dead I think (but it lives on in other projects derived from it...)

You should install Rockpool - it supports newer firmware and features, and works extremely well.

Probably wise to uninstall Pebbled first.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Rumours that Pebble are being bought by Fitbit...

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/11/30/fi...-small-amount/

https://www.ft.com/content/6e8b7772-...c-a77315b68294

Another quote saying existing devices to be 'phased out'.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/30/...buying-pebble/

No more updates, one assumes, but they work already...

Last edited by MikeHG; 2016-12-01 at 06:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Thats really sad news. So there wont be anything lean out there anymore. Only those oversized 1-day-charge gadgets of the usual OS.

But following the product specs of pebble this is is what I thought myself before too:
Since the newest device out of Pebble's HQ is more of a fitness tracker than a smartwatch, it doesn't seem so odd that a company famous for fitness wearables would be interested in snapping it up.
(from engadget article)

The Following User Says Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, pebble time, sailfish, sailfish os