Active Topics

My main reason for switching over to an internet tablet is to use Skype instead of using my phone. I am curious if I can launch Skype then minimize it? This way I can do other things then just be stuck on Skype. So if I am surfing the internet and someone tries to Skype me, what happens?

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by timroache View Post
My main reason for switching over to an internet tablet is to use Skype instead of using my phone. I am curious if I can launch Skype then minimize it? This way I can do other things then just be stuck on Skype. So if I am surfing the internet and someone tries to Skype me, what happens?
I am assuming you do not have the tablet yet, yes you can minimize it as with most applications on the tablet. The WiMax version is not out yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to heavyt For This Useful Post:
Yeah, I don't have it yet. Everywhere I look it says the Wimax came out in July.

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by timroache View Post
Yeah, I don't have it yet. Everywhere I look it says the Wimax came out in July.
I think you're more looking at september-october...

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Ottawa
Sure, you can minimize just about any app (unlike the iPhone). However, you must remember that the minimized app is still using memory. Trying to run Skype and a couple of browser windows may run you out of memory.

Craig...

Tags
n810 wimax, skype