Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
The Zagg Sparq v.1 does charge the N900, if you have the right cable. There was a "charging cable" someone recommended here in a different thread, and since I used that, it has worked fine.

Now, I know Zagg has done a recall of the Zagg Sparq and came out with a new version that supposedly addresses this problem. (2.0) I don't know if it actually does or not, tho.
yep!! i got Zagg sparq v2 It has two usb port. The optimized port and General port.
When i plug to optimized port, it prompts the connection notification like when you connect to pc.
For the general port, it charges.

Thanks

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
i have the 2.0 version and it charges on the general port with a 'normal' cable and it charges on a shorted cable on both.

I live in the UK and when I received my Zagg Sparq 2.0 I just thought what the hell does one do with this. I was expecting a plug with a USB cable attached to use. Not realising one has to buy one for themselves after especially considering the cost. [NB: to Zagg Sparq wannabe owners the 20% discount code going around the net (I just put a search in for voucher codes for Zagg Sparq) does work.] How can I charge this thing? Is there such a thing with a plug (3 pin) and USB cable attached or do I need a cable with both ends USB and then plug into PC and Zagg Sparq. Or even plug the USB cable at both ends into Zagg Sparq and into these plugs that can attach a USB cable to them and plug into a normal socket and charge. Is all of this OK.
Isn't it awful how Zagg Sparq can sell it at this price with that floppy rubbish built in two pin that never stays in (and useless for us UKers). I imagine for UKers that are not savvy in this way like me must be perplexed upon receiving it - like what do they expect me to do with this. Anyway looking forward to any help and thank you kindly and for all previous post re: N900 very helpful.