My N900 would not boot up today after installing a few apps.. The apps i installed was WorldVeiw Cpu Manger and the Maemo Theme.. After installing them i turned of the phone then it would not boot up the Nokia logo came up the loading bar for a few seconds it would not go any further... Anyone else had the same problem ? Also i did try flashing it but i could not get it into USB mode i had to take to Nokia Care Centre hopefully should be ready in the morning man i already miss my N900

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
that does actually sound as if the app and theme that you installed are completely unrelated to the bricking. They'd have to modify some nasty stuff to cause such a severe boot state. nope, my guess is that something else happened.

The Following User Says Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
low battery

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Originally Posted by TH3ORY View Post
My N900 would not boot up today after installing a few apps.. The apps i installed was WorldVeiw Cpu Manger and the Maemo Theme.. After installing them i turned of the phone then it would not boot up the Nokia logo came up the loading bar for a few seconds it would not go any further... Anyone else had the same problem ? Also i did try flashing it but i could not get it into USB mode i had to take to Nokia Care Centre hopefully should be ready in the morning man i already miss my N900
reflash the device use the search button keywords are "maemo flash firmware" follow the wiki and u ll be lucky... have a nice day

The Following User Says Thank You to santiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
search is your friend

The Following User Says Thank You to felbutss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
search is your friend
agree that help solve alot of problems. just take some time reading but you'll learn alot more than just asking and getting the answer. asking should be your last resort.

The Following User Says Thank You to luckylefty For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Portland OR USA
yup! sure is!

The Following User Says Thank You to telecomgeek79 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Originally Posted by luckylefty View Post
agree that help solve alot of problems. just take some time reading but you'll learn alot more than just asking and getting the answer. asking should be your last resort.
Couldn't agree more - all you need to know lies behind the search button.

RECOMMENDATION 1:

Learn how to re-flash as soon as possible - it is easy enough for an average computer user (like me!) and will give you an enormous sense of reassurance, boost your confidence and self-esteem. You'll feel like a God the first time you ressurect your bricked N900 and will notice a boost to your sex-life

RECOMMENDATION 2:

Make regular backups

RECOMMENDATION 3:

ENJOY your N900 - there's no need to fear it

The Following User Says Thank You to NokTokDaddy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by superg05 View Post
low battery
Dude the battery was pretty full i dont think it was the battery...

Originally Posted by santiago View Post
reflash the device use the search button keywords are "maemo flash firmware" follow the wiki and u ll be lucky... have a nice day
Dude i did try to reflash it but i could not get it into USB mobe