Posts: 97 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Santiago, Chile
I am using voipcheap.com from the betamax group. A bit of warning. Don't expect any support from betamax group.

Most likely you will not need support though.

I pay EUR 10.00 and have 400 minutes of free calling to almost all landlines in the world per week free of charge for 90 days. If I call mobiles it will deduct money from the 10 EUR. If you do not call much you can use the 10 EUR after the 3 months are over. I call ALOT and will typically use 10 EUR per month (as I also call mobiles) this is why i have about 300 "free days" which means i can call land lines free of charge for 300 days...

Call quality is suberb. I use a N95-8GB (for travel) with built in sip client and a Gigaset C475IP (for home)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 77h For This Useful Post:
Guys,

I found SIP calls quite working well on nokia n900 with the help of IPKall(Provides a completely free PSTN number if you have a sip account. PSTN only for incoming call) and PBXes(provides a free SIP account) and it works great for me(only incoming call), refer the link below for setting up the sip account in PBXes for incoming call,

How to setup PBXes, step by step

Note
1) First create a PBXes account as said in the above link and use that credentials to get a Washington DC number from IPKall.
2) When Setting up Trunk Provide 'voiper2.ipkall.com' instead of voiper/voiper2.ipkall.com.
3) Keep dummy credentials where ever IPKall information is asked for and you can fill once the IPKall account is created.
4) PBXes does not allow registration from Internet Explorer (atleast on my PC ), use Firefox instead.IE keeps giving the captcha error.

IPKall Account Details
(Link to IPKall Signup Page)

Settings on the phone

Address ---> <sip-extn>@pbxes.org
Password---> <pbxes-password>

Advanced Settings Section
I have not enabled "Use for telephone Numbers" because it does not work for outgoing calls.

User name --> <pbxes sip extn>

Thanks a lot to IPKall and PBXes for providing the free service.

Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to thomas2010 For This Useful Post:
i use another betamax service (nonoh.net) - they have lots of different versions of the service

http://backsla.sh/betamax

here is a table with their services and prices, i don't think one can find better prices

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jean2323 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Philadelphia
Sorry for bumping an old thread but I'm having issues with the IPKall + PBxes method.

I've set up everything and I can make and receive calls; however every 20 minutes or so PBXes sends me a trunk outage notification email. After which I'm no longer able to receive calls (but I can still make them, which is weird...)

How do I fix this/what's the problem here?

The Following User Says Thank You to feuxfollets For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Migratory; CA, WI, MI, TX, FL, ME
Now that google has given the official obituary on GIZMO, this old post should be getting a lot more activity from folks such as myself that are searching for a GIZMO / SIP provider.

I need a replacement SIP phone service w/ call-in number that'll work on:
Nokia 770 & n800
Linksys wireless ip phone
Grandstream ht486 & 286
various Linux desktop computers, laptops & netbooks.

I'm just getting started on this quest, but so far Ekiga is looking like it may be a functional softphone on our desktops, where Linphone is not able to (on some) but still need the SIP call-in number & service.

Softphones are not at issue; it's the hardware adapters that we need to get back up & running.

I am in the US but it would be good to have functionality in Germany, Sweden, Abu Dhabi, South Africa, & Eastern Europe.
Vietnam would put frosting on the cake.

Comments & suggestions please? ... and thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bob3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
I have opened an account for my relatives with freecall.com few months back. They offer free calls to US and many other countries, assuming you have loaded some credit in their account. (Free calls worked few days even without crediting the account.) The incoming number problem I solved with IPKall. For outgoing calls the caller ID shows a random number, which is a bit of annoyance.

To open an account you need to download their softphone app first. After that you can put the credential to a SIP adapter (Grandstream HT486 in my case).

For comparison shopping I found this web site handy:
http://backsla.sh/betamax

The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
I'm using didlogic. Mostly because of the low cost to +4915XX mobiles in Germany ($0.04). Their Frankfurt-based SIP proxy location also helps. I'm OK with their pings in both Sweden and Germany. https://didlogic.com

Not so happy about the DIDs but they do offer URI routing to your current provider like voipcheap, sip2sip, or ipkall. I'm using sip2sip to register my fritzbox and receive inbound from didlogic via the sip2sip, and outbound is through didlogic. This type of combo works well.

The Following User Says Thank You to ssd1965 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox