Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
That list is pretty accurate if you have ever wanted/had those features on another platform or combinations therein.

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
Nokia’s legal department is going to have a busy summer. Only a day after Nokia went on the offensive and filed lawsuits against HTC, RIM, and ViewSonic for patent infringements, a dissatisfied shareholder filed a class-action lawsuit against the struggling mobile company.
This is so Microsoft. IIRC, Pre-Elop Nokia focused more on competing with their devices rather than with their lawyers.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
That list is disingenuous. I can put up a list of 101 things wrong with n9 too.
All this features are what a phone should have. A consumer can notice all 101 of this things. When it comes to the N9, I bet your list is gonna be:

1. missing dual core
2. lag
3.missing dual core
4. lag
5. missing dual core
6. lag

Get a life Lumiaman, WP is pathetic, you don't earn money from MS by talking so positively about a crap OS.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ alor star
i go linux because win vista is ****... after one year using ubuntu and then debian i realise why window is ****.. why i never use linux distro before just because i dont know how to install it on my computer..just that. then ubuntu came in very easy way to install and i try it... yes i'm noob but i'll never go back to windows except for games only. what the different between wp and windows? they both ****

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ saint lucia
European carriers don't want Windows Phones because of Microsoft's purchase of Skype. They say Skype will eat into their revenue and are totally dissatisfied. Elop himself admitted it in a shareholders meeting this month. The story has been making waves.

http://articles.businessinsider.com/...one-nokia-deal

more trouble for Flop coming this way...

Nokia Reverses Course, Quietly Begins Selling N9 in United States

a few excerpts...
Nokia today quietly initiated sales of the Nokia N9 in the United States. The phone joins the PureView 808 as being a non-Windows Phone being slated for sales in the American market.
[...]
factors may have driven Nokia’s about-face.

First, is difficulty in taming Windows Phone for some of the market demands. It has been all-but-confirmed by Nokia that the PureView 808′s high-resolution camera could not function properly with today’s Windows Phone platform. The instant-photo requirements of Windows Phone are very rigid, and 41 megapixel capacities likely require extreme resources from the handset. Only a real-time operating system like Symbian, now known as Nokia Belle, can handle such tasks currently.

In pressure from European customers, Nokia’s board pressured CEO Steven Elop to back down and commit to further development in Belle. The company now has charted out Belle devices for at least the next three years. Belle platform development is also being spearheaded by software consulting giant Accenture. Hundreds of Nokia-transferees would likely be terminated in a demise of Belle, a questionable move if Nokia is struggling financially with Windows Phone. As Nokia has said their “Plan B” is for “Plan A” (Windows Phone) to succeed. With MeeGo abandoned, and Belle discontinued, Nokia would be without a Plan C.

But what does any of that have to do with the Nokia N9 launching, now?

This week, Nokia strategically timed the announcement of a US-bound PureView 808 with the CTIA technology show. It’s not a mistake that the N9 is launching stateside a day after CTIA ended.

With Nokia now admitting it needs to sell non-Windows Phone devices in the United States, in order to have a fighting chance at breaking even with technological investments in PureView superphones, the N9 then becomes okay to sell. Microsoft is not worried about the N9 being a threat to Windows Phone anymore, as the platform is now merely a skunkworks project for Nokia.

In fact, a thriving N9 actually gives more woes for smaller competitors, as it fractures the Tizen and Open webOS marketplaces, trying to be rebooted by Intel/Samsung, and HP, respectively. Still, neither Tizen nor Open webOS are on the market today. Hence, the N9 may become a haven for those looking for a sustainable, open phone environment.
[...]
read on for your own pleasure ¦-)

the fruit looks more & more rotten...
going to fall from the tree & disintegrate before long

misterc... that ad just isn't right. They misspelled the OS, "MeGo" (sic) is spelled incorrectly and the screen size is wrong.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
misterc... that ad just isn't right. They misspelled the OS, "MeGo" (sic) is spelled incorrectly and the screen size is wrong.
read the post, check the link
and then don't post

here's an other one...
Nokia 808 PureView Coming to the U.S.
must be a conspiracy...
or i am a troll ¦-)

Well this looks interesting... Microsoft Revamps Search engine to include Social network results

I have said before that if MS want people to continue to use their search engine then they should stop trying to revamp and rebrand it so often. And this ain't going to help them when half of your facebook friends feel the need to update their status's when they can't decide what to have for tea.

However on a device such as the lumia where it be could integrated with the facebook app (or whatever the kids use these days) then it would be useful to some.

I checked the link. Frys is more or less capable of sourcing the N9 from any third party reseller. That's a far cry from it being "official". Amazon had them, was that official? Same for Expansys, Negri Electronics and a few other US based stores that sold the N9 unofficially.

That's the issue - well that and some of the most horrible copy I've seen in a while.

Tags
blame others, deluded fanboys, kidsbeingkids, lumiadork, ms will die, salesdroids, the elop flop, wp blows