Juiceme is my choice. Tough decision.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
Macros.
Love the clean shot.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Netherlands
Juiceme for me. Nice shot.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bertjefred For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Again, first some light scrutiny and critisism on each entry

#1. pichlo, Jolla 1, "Pattern on the office floor"
Very good stripe patterning on the carpet, the carpet texture is well defined by the slanting light towards the camera. Strong leading lines and good massing with the slanting wooden windowframe creating an effective transition. The bluish hue outside the windows looks nice too. Overall tone of the picture is very pleasant. Too bad the picture size is so small, detail is lost.
#2. catbus, N9, "Dropping Sun"
Really well caught moment with the droplets, could not have nailed it better. Fits the title since drops do contain a bit of sunlight, too. focus is not on tack on the subjects, or else there is just a tad motion blur, cannot decide which. Anyway clear drops are really difficult subject to execute well, having better bokeh on the background would help to make the subjets out. Good foreground/background balance.
#3. juiceme, Jolla sbj-1, "Walking on the ice"
Came out pretty much like I wanted, even the horizon is fairly level (it was pretty difficult shot since weather was quite bright and using Jolla screen as viewfinder is fairly taxing endevour!) The greenish lens reflection in lower right is a pain oin otherwice well washed out exposure but cannot really be helped with considering the limits of optics.
#4. saponga, Asus Zenfone 2, "In movement, while driving"
Good rainbow capture, very impressive massing. Composition of the arc really good when the situation of the capture is taken into account. Good and interesting detail, cityscape well defined against the stormy backdrop.
#5. tzsm98, Lumia 950 DS, "Winter Curtain"
Moody and enticing subject, there is more of a hint of sunlight than actual light. Some detail of the subject is lost due to too small pictuer size, and maybe because of grain due to underexposure.
#6. mosen, Nexus5/SFOS, "How clouds are made"
Foreground is a bit dark even though the clouds show the sunlight. Nice way how the vapour from the plant exhaust mixes with clouds. Good depth and decent leading lines in the field. I'd like to some fore/middle ground brighter detail to add to depth perception.
#7. mossy, Jolla1, "Rose sun shadow"
Again too small image, detail is lost. I like the way slanting light paints the flower texture (which are tulips btw. and not a roses, nitpick) Ethereal and capturing image.
#8. robthebold, OnePlusX/SFOS, "Sunlight filtered through faux stained glass"
This kind of capture would merit more from a direct frontal representation, the slanted angle makes the picture a bit restless. The sun through the coloured glass is nice detail. Background would be better with more bokeh.
#9. mihsun, Z3C, "Cat photo"
The cat is a treasure, posing here looking through slit in the curtains. lots of detail in the room but a bit distracting, for example the digital clock draws eye too much. The mid-gray areas are too grainy for my taste.
#10. Macros, Nokia 808, "Local train station"
Nice framing of the open sky with aeroplane traces adding detail. Good diffraction pattern in the sun's shadow side.
I have to admit there are lots of good images; I am so torn between choises!
However, I'll select #4. saponga, Asus Zenfone 2, "In movement, while driving"

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Wanted to vote for 4 Saponga but the way it was taken was too dangerous. So 1 Pichlo

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
#4, Saponga.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi Folks. Not an entry but I thought I'd share this photo as it seems perfect for this months topic. My niece was visiting Norway last week and this shot of the Aurora was taken with her iphone. So Inspiring I now want to go there and see it myself!
Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
#3 juiceme.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mossy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Again, first some light scrutiny and critisism on each entry

... flower texture (which are tulips btw. and not a roses, nitpick) Ethereal and capturing image
Roses are red ...
Shows that knowledge about flowers is not a strong side.
A bit embarrasing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mossy For This Useful Post:

Tags
cameraphone, competition, february, sunlight, _2017_